Start-stop technology

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’m guessing that the answer is NO, but does the ‘19 PW come with or have an option for the Start-Stop technology. I know that the new 1500s come with it. Thanks.

OP
OP
SeaSickSailor

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Figured as much. Don’t think I’d use it much anyway. Thanks.

PCFL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
2019 PW here...

Auto start/stop is not an option.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I'm not against the Start-Stop technology in the PW as long one can turn it off permanently while off road. Once it's on the PW though, Ram or the EPA will save a few cents in fuel someday and not allow for the option to turn it off. Yesterday, my wife and I drove down a local narrow shelf road near our home from approximately 9,000 feet elevation to around 5,500. Due to the narrow, steep, winding, road complete with a warning sign prior to entry as such, I had her guide me in front for approximately a mile. The PW is a large pickup and allows little room on the shelf road for error. Having the engine turn off everytime I stop with two tires on the edge of 1,000 foot cliffs would not be what I would like. Not confidence inspiring to hear it being off.

Replacing my 2018 Husqvarna 54" lawn mower's starter. Got it on order. It has just 40 hours on it, but I burned it out with the mowing of my approximately 5 flat acres of grass. The reason is constantly having it start stop everytime I moved or exited the seat to move rocks, snakes, and branches. The seat has a quite sensitive engine shutoff feature.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not against the Start-Stop technology in the PW as long one can turn it off permanently while off road. Once it's on the PW though, Ram or the EPA will save a few cents in fuel someday and not allow for the option to turn it off. Yesterday, my wife and I drove down a local narrow shelf road near our home from approximately 9,000 feet elevation to around 5,500. Due to the narrow, steep, winding, road complete with a warning sign prior to entry as such, I had her guide me in front for approximately a mile. The PW is a large pickup and allows little room on the shelf road for error. Having the engine turn off everytime I stop with two tires on the edge of 1,000 foot cliffs would not be what I would like. Not confidence inspiring to hear it being off.

Replacing my 2018 Husqvarna 54" lawn mower's starter. Got it on order. It has just 40 hours on it, but I burned it out with the mowing of my approximately 5 flat acres of grass. The reason is constantly having it start stop everytime I moved or exited the seat to move rocks, snakes, and branches. The seat has a quite sensitive engine shutoff feature.

My john deere had that too... i just unplugged the sensor, and put a paperclip in the active side and whalla!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Owning a Raptor before the PW (that had the feature added in the most recent years), the Raptor forum would burn with hate of that feature. I assume because it is a 1/2 ton, it has to comply...
I don’t think that any heavy duty truck has to show mpg so I don’t think the start/stop feature would be on any 3/4 plus trucks.
Rock crawling would be terrible if you could not turn it off.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
My john deere had that too... i just unplugged the sensor, and put a paperclip in the active side and whalla!
Redneck :33:

Figure out how to disable the feature that will not allow me to back up my truck with the door open.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dang it....
I hate it.
I have high hopes for the tazer to rectify some features (disabled and enable)

Yea. I have a 1500 ram that i cant open the door and drive the truck... not a huge issue most if the time, but pretty frickin annoying now and then.

I have a tazer.... I like it.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip to do this. My son wondered why I hadn't done it earlier.

Last edited:

3TV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
We had the stop/start feature on a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Having that feature added to a Power Wagon would be a really good reason NOT to buy a Power Wagon. I hated it.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
We had the stop/start feature on a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Having that feature added to a Power Wagon would be a really good reason NOT to buy a Power Wagon. I hated it.
My WWII US veteran father still loves his new Jeeps, but hates the stop/start on his Grand Cherokee. I disconnected the opened hood sensor which turns it off, but puts a hood open warning dash light on. Upon service the Jeep dealer connected it back up. He has to shut it off everytime he starts it once again.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine

Is able to turn off. I’ve
Drove em it’s sucks lol. Feels so weird.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Figure out how to disable the feature that will not allow me to back up my truck with the door open.
They sell seatbelt buckle clips that also double as a bottle opener on eBay, Amazon, etc. Once the truck see your seatbelt is buckled you can open the door and drive around.
Just one example: Buckle Clip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073S5ZBY4/

If you really want to be cheap, go-to your dealer and request a seatbelt extender. By law they have to provide you one for your new vehicle.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
They sell seatbelt buckle clips that also double as a bottle opener on eBay, Amazon, etc. Once the truck see your seatbelt is buckled you can open the door and drive around.
Just one example: Buckle Clip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073S5ZBY4/

If you really want to be cheap, go-to your dealer and request a seatbelt extender. By law they have to provide you one for your new vehicle.
Really?! So it is all in the seat belt switch and not the door switch. That good to know. Thanks.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Really?! So it is all in the seat belt switch and not the door switch. That good to know. Thanks.
Need to get one of these for my riding mower to keep the engine on when I lean 1/10 of my weight off of the seat to grab my beer. Oh wait, it doesn't have a seat belt, door, or even a Start-Stop feature. Give the safely and environmental engineers time though and it and the future PW will have all three safety and gas saving features with no easy way to shut them off.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio