Started a case with RAM today - lemon law??

Do your heated seats stay on

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow is right, No need to say it again, it's very clear you do not understand what a SAFETY issue is or what the NHTSA does . NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRANSPORTATION SAFETY ADMINISTRATION .

Complaining to them that my seat is not keeping my girlfriends bum warm enough is hardly a concern to them or a SAFETY issue.

That's not the complaint?? The complaint is the seat does not stay on and is being shut down by the safety switch after only a couple minutes or so. The seats don't get very warm but that's not the complaint.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just love it when ppl comment and don’t read the thread to know what it’s about! Lol.
Lol right!? I did mention that the seats don't get very warm, which they don't compared to my last Rams. But that's not the reason I've filed a lemon law claim and got an attorney lol

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
When in doubt, report it and let them figure it out rather than sword fight on the internet with strangers.
^^^^ This

I don't know why some people have issue with this. Like others have said he paid good money for a NEW truck and EVERYTHING should work as advertised. His dealer was screwing him and that's unacceptable. I would be doing the same if my truck had his problem.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
^^^^ This

I don't know why some people have issue with this. Like others have said he paid good money for a NEW truck and EVERYTHING should work as advertised. His dealer was screwing him and that's unacceptable. I would be doing the same if my truck had his problem.
100% right!!!

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like I said before if it was him (mtnrider) having this or any issue, you'd bet your ass he'd be doing the samething. Every and any angle he could to resolve it. He doesn't have any useful info or points to make so now he's just Trolling!

If this thread/ topic bothers you that much, stop reading it. Otherwise .....:****:

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like I said before if it was him (mtnrider) having this or any issue, you'd bet your ass he'd be doing the samething. Every and any angle he could to resolve it. He doesn't have any useful info or points to make so now he's just Trolling!

If this thread/ topic bothers you that much, stop reading it. Otherwise .....:****:
I will say this has turned into the longest thread I've ever had on here lol. One of my how to threads for the DRLs got pretty big. But pretty sure it wasnt 50+ pages lol

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So basically he’s saying don’t file with the NHTSA until it catches fire in your driveway and burns your house down with your family in it, or catches on fire while you drive down the road and kills you and your family and others.........great thought process. WTF.....

Keep after it. I am curious as to how this will turn out. You have more patience than I do, I hope it resolves how you want it to. I went and check my wife’s seats in her Durango just because of this thread. And they will stay on hi till you turn them down, oh it was 104* outside when I tested them......

2018 2500 6.4 4x4 4.10 Amsoil SS 0w-40, Softopper
Black Rhino Armory 18x9 +12mm
Cooper Stt MAXX LT295/70R18

2016 Durango 5.7 AWD 3.07 Amsoil SS 5W-30
1996 Nissan Altima 2.4 Amsoil SS 5W-30

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So basically he’s saying don’t file with the NHTSA until it catches fire in your driveway and burns your house down with your family in it, or catches on fire while you drive down the road and kills you and your family and others.........great thought process. WTF.....

Keep after it. I am curious as to how this will turn out. You have more patience than I do, I hope it resolves how you want it to. I went and check my wife’s seats in her Durango just because of this thread. And they will stay on hi till you turn them down, oh it was 104* outside when I tested them......

My girlfriends 2018 grand cherokee heated seats work real well also. They get hot enough that I need to turn them down or off. And as you mentioned, it doesn't matter how hot it is outside, they stay on. She uses them in the middle of the day here in Florida which I still haven't figured out how she does that lol

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My girlfriends 2018 grand cherokee heated seats work real well also. They get hot enough that I need to turn them down or off. And as you mentioned, it doesn't matter how hot it is outside, they stay on. She uses them in the middle of the day here in Florida which I still haven't figured out how she does that lol

She’s a woman! LoL my wife uses hers all the damn time too! And her heated steering wheel

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

YUP!.......... Trolling :untitled:

John-e-racer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New member here and I hope I don’t get flamed too bad but your very first post was “heated seats don’t work as advertised so I wonder if this qualifies under lemon law”. No offense but that could be interpreted as someone trying to get rid off their truck and using this board as leverage.
(Flame suit on now.....aaaaaannnddd here we go)

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New member here and I
Hope I don’t get flamed too bad but your very first post was “heated seats don’t work as advertised so I wonder if this qualifies under lemon law”. No offense but are you just trying to get rid off the truck and using this board as leverage???
(Flame suit on now.....aaaaaannnddd here we go)
Flaming you shall receive. Have you read through the whole thread and followed what steps I had already taken to attempt to have them repaired? Have you read the numerous different reasons I've been told they're doing what they're doing? I didn't just jump right into wanting to lemon law it. But even my dealer stated that's the next option after they failed to identify the problem. And no, I'm not just trying to get rid of the truck. I enjoy the truck as this is my 6 or 7th 4th Gen ram. But if I'm paying good money for a brand new vehicle, I expect it to work as advertised and not be given the run around as to why it is not working.

John-e-racer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Flaming you shall receive. Have you read through the whole thread and followed what steps I had already taken to attempt to have them repaired? Have you read the numerous different reasons I've been told they're doing what they're doing? I didn't just jump right into wanting to lemon law it. But even my dealer stated that's the next option after they failed to identify the problem. And no, I'm not just trying to get rid of the truck. I enjoy the truck as this is my 6 or 7th 4th Gen ram. But if I'm paying good money for a brand new vehicle, I expect it to work as advertised and not be given the run around as to why it is not working.
Fair enough. I was giving my impression after reading the thread.