Started a case with RAM today - lemon law??

Do your heated seats stay on

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motmcd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know if the Lemon Laws changed over the years but I successfully returned a truck by invoking the Lemon Law. The engine hesitation caused a condition that could compromise performance safety and in turn, human life. Safety was the cornerstone of lemon laws back then. I can't say what the laws consider now.

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have nothing to add except thanks for giving me a laugh on a cloudy Monday morning in Upstate New York. Parts of this thread read like a soap opera! I loved the guy that said, very dramatically, " do not use heated seats in summer. Ever." There should have been a commercial break there. Maybe your truck knows it's in Florida and it's like, "heat the seat? In Florida? In July? Ummm, nooo." Up here where i live , we don't turn on the heated seats until it gets to 0. (We also panic and swoon when it hits 90.) Sorry, I'm just goofing . I, like most of you , have a reasonable expectation that all features on a new vehicle should work as expected. I think there is a clue, if the owners manual says they start on "boost" for about 4 minutes, then are supposed to hear normally, yours is getting bad temp readings somewhere at about that 4 minute mark. Maybe find a good electrical shop as someone else stated that can trace all the wiring and test all components, then send the bill to Ram!

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have nothing to add except thanks for giving me a laugh on a cloudy Monday morning in Upstate New York. Parts of this thread read like a soap opera! I loved the guy that said, very dramatically, " do not use heated seats in summer. Ever." There should have been a commercial break there. Maybe your truck knows it's in Florida and it's like, "heat the seat? In Florida? In July? Ummm, nooo." Up here where i live , we don't turn on the heated seats until it gets to 0. (We also panic and swoon when it hits 90.) Sorry, I'm just goofing . I, like most of you , have a reasonable expectation that all features on a new vehicle should work as expected. I think there is a clue, if the owners manual says they start on "boost" for about 4 minutes, then are supposed to hear normally, yours is getting bad temp readings somewhere at about that 4 minute mark. Maybe find a good electrical shop as someone else stated that can trace all the wiring and test all components, then send the bill to Ram!
I may pursue that if Ram ends up either giving me the run around or telling me to just deal with it. I really hope they don't go that route. I'm a relatively easy going guy and tend to not get too upset over much. But, I'm not afraid to go to battle over this issue if they try to sweep me under the rug. They don't appear to be trying to just write me off yet...but we shall see!

Moparlady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
http://myfloridalegal.com/lemonlaw

Here is the Lemon Law page from the Florida Attorney General website. I was able to get Chrysler to buy back my 2014 Ram 1500 under the Lemon Law in Georgia. Without warning it would go into limp mode. It took them over two weeks to decide the lifters should be replaced. It worked for a week or so and did it again. I had it towed to the dealership I bought it from which is an hour from my house. They called and said they FIXED it by replacing the after market oil filter that had been installed. Yes, I didn't buy that but I turned in the Chrysler provided rental car and picked it up. I didn't make it home. Under Georgia law after 30 days in the shop for the same problem Chrysler had to buy it back. They don't have to be consecutive days. The truck sat at the dealership while I ticked off the days. On the thirty first day Chrysler received a FedEx demand to buy it back. Chrysler had to give me manufacturer invoice and I had paid less. I had receipts for the upgrades I made to the truck and they reimbursed those. I even made them pay me for the FedEx notification. I ordered the exact truck I wanted and ended up with a 2015 Ram. It was annoying but I was well ahead of the game when the dust settled.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
http://myfloridalegal.com/lemonlaw

Here is the Lemon Law page from the Florida Attorney General website. I was able to get Chrysler to buy back my 2014 Ram 1500 under the Lemon Law in Georgia. Without warning it would go into limp mode. It took them over two weeks to decide the lifters should be replaced. It worked for a week or so and did it again. I had it towed to the dealership I bought it from which is an hour from my house. They called and said they FIXED it by replacing the after market oil filter that had been installed. Yes, I didn't buy that but I turned in the Chrysler provided rental car and picked it up. I didn't make it home. Under Georgia law after 30 days in the shop for the same problem Chrysler had to buy it back. They don't have to be consecutive days. The truck sat at the dealership while I ticked off the days. On the thirty first day Chrysler received a FedEx demand to buy it back. Chrysler had to give me manufacturer invoice and I had paid less. I had receipts for the upgrades I made to the truck and they reimbursed those. I even made them pay me for the FedEx notification. I ordered the exact truck I wanted and ended up with a 2015 Ram. It was annoying but I was well ahead of the game when the dust settled.
Well, I don't necessarily want to start over with another truck so soon. But, I'm certainly not going to settle for a faulty truck. It seems minor, but if the seat is shutting down because of a safety reason and the seat is getting too hot, who's to say that safety mechanism doesn't fail next and the seat catches fire? I'm just throwing a lot of what-ifs around here lol

FRED Pirelli

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.1 Hemi
Well, I don't necessarily want to start over with another truck so soon. But, I'm certainly not going to settle for a faulty truck. It seems minor, but if the seat is shutting down because of a safety reason and the seat is getting too hot, who's to say that safety mechanism doesn't fail next and the seat catches fire? I'm just throwing a lot of what-ifs around here lol
Please keep us updated. I hope everything is resolved to your satisfaction.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please keep us updated. I hope everything is resolved to your satisfaction.
I will - I'm hoping since there are other members out there experiencing the same issue(s), that RamCares may see this and make their situation right as well. or just figure out a fix for this and get it out to everyone.

BernieZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I've only had my new truck about 2 months now. 2018 1500 sport. I noticed that my passenger side heated seat turns completely off in about 3 minutes. Driver side functions as it should, although it does not get real warm. Anyways - I took the truck to the dealer today and got the magical response of "there's nothing we can do about it". So while at the dealer, I had my sales guy take me out to another 2018 model with heated seats only and that truck did the same thing. Passenger side shut down after 4 or 5 minutes. We tested a limited with cooled and heated seats and those functioned as they should. So, there's a defect somewhere. My question is, is this something that if they can not get it fixed, does it qualify for the lemon law? I expect my $50K truck to work as it should or at least be able to be fixed if an issue does arise. What do yall think?
Do you have Katzkin leather seats. If so see tsb 088518

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have Katzkin leather seats. If so see tsb 088518
I'm not quite sure what that is. I have the seats that have the cloth material in the middle and the fake leather material along the outer portion of the seats.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
It was 61 degrees this am.

My ass was cold so I turned on my heated seats.

Dunno why you guys can't help OP instead of giving him ****.

Ppl use their heated seats more then you do..... so what.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was 61 degrees this am.

My ass was cold so I turned on my heated seats.

Dunno why you guys can't help OP instead of giving him ****.

Ppl use their heated seats more then you do..... so what.
It's all good. Some folks just have their own opinions of how to use their trucks.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Lol some of you guys replies are comical. I don't have the leather but instead have the cloth seats and have ONLY the heated seats, no ventilated seats. The seats are not getting hot. They barely get warm. It's not turning off because of ther outside temperature, that has nothing to do with it. The drivers side stays on fine but as I mentioned it gets warm at best. The passenger side doesn't even get warm it just turns back offrom after a few minutes. We've tried this with someone in the seat and without someone in the seat and get the same results. If it was in fact something to do with the outside temp, wouldn't the driver seat turn off too?? So therefore there is definitely a fault somewhere within the passenger side. I've opened a case with Ram and will see how they tell me to proceed.

No one's weighed in yet on the effects of farts/ no farts? Perhaps the sensor might be getting messed up by methane

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
No one's weighed in yet on the effects of farts/ no farts? Perhaps the sensor might be getting messed up by methane

I think if that were the issue, there would be more problems in Texas where they sit around fire pits at night, telling stories and eating beans.

BlazingSaddles.jpg

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
lol op I’ve lost count on how many times you’ve had to repeat yourself :nono:.

Your absolutely right, if I payed 50k for a vehicle, everything and I mean everything should work! If there’s even a stripped valve stem cap I’ll be pissed, well maybe not for that but you get my point.

Last edited:

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
didnt feel like reading all 12 pages... is someone sitting in the passenger seat when you turn it on? If not, it'll kick off early if nobody is sitting in it... my Rebel does this, but it will stay on and stay warm if my wife is in the seat.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
didnt feel like reading all 12 pages... is someone sitting in the passenger seat when you turn it on? If not, it'll kick off early if nobody is sitting in it... my Rebel does this, but it will stay on and stay warm if my wife is in the seat.
Yes. It does the same thing whether someone is in the seat or not. If someone is in it, it may stay on for 5-7 minutes on low before turning off. So that's the only difference. Still not how it is designed to work.