Stealth Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparsigfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
Morning all!

So I am interested in purchasing N An in-line tuner module for my 2017 Cummins 3500. I was looking at EZLynk tuners but with he truck under warranty I don’t want to risk my dealership flagging the truck in FCA’s system.

I’ve been seeing a lot of ads for a product by Stealth. Runs $600 and has 4 settings.

Anyone on here running one of these? Anyone tried one and switched to something else they prefer?

Thanks for the insights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
I have never used the Stealth, but it seems to do the same thing that the Edge JWA I had before I deleted does and other modules do. Basically you disconnect the injector harness from the ECM and then re-connect the module's harness in between them. The module will "intercept" the fueling duration and timing commands that the ECM is sending to the injectors and alters them for more power. The plus side to this is that it does not remap the ECM so it doesn't leave a trace for the dealer to look for if something goes wrong, and the whole setup can be easily removed within 15 minutes.

There are a few down sides to this compared to a full remap tune. For one, it does not tune the trans to handle the added power like an EFI or EzLynk tune does. Trans tuning makes a huge difference in not only the longevity of your trans, but also in how the truck drives. I have Hardway and Anarchy EFI tunes and both are night and day difference in how they drive due to how they both tune the trans. I did a tune review of both earlier this year here(LINK). If you are going to go with a module then I would recommend you add something like a BD Line Pressure Booster. It does not alter shift strategies or TC lockup like a trans tune does, but it does add a little more line pressure then what is being commanded to allow the trans to better handle the added power.

Another thing that modules do not do is alter turbo actuation which plays a role in fuel mileage and other driving characteristics. It does not alter the throttle pedal sensitivity either which makes a huge difference in driving feel. You can get a BD throttle sensitivity booster or similar product to fix this though. Lastly, I did notice I was regening a lot more with the Edge JWA installed. It went from every 100 miles to aver 40 depending on the setting I had it on.

I added the Edge JWA at around 15k miles and got tired of it and did a full delete at 30k. I am now well passed my warranty period and never had it in for engine or drivetrain repairs aside from the water pump recall. My old pump was still working fine, but a free water pump is a free water pump.

Personally, I am not afraid of the Cummins having any warranty repairs due to my past experiences with multiple Cummins engines, but that is going to up to you. I can tell you that a good EFI Live or EZLynk tune will make the truck feel way batter than the Stealth or any other module will. There are tuners for those that want to keep their emissions intact as well.

OP
OP
M

moparsigfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thanks for the very detailed response.
In my heart I know that an EZLynk tune is the best way to go for overall drive ability, but I am not sure the extra upfront cost is worth it while I am keeping my emissions intact.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Thanks for the very detailed response.
In my heart I know that an EZLynk tune is the best way to go for overall drive ability, but I am not sure the extra upfront cost is worth it while I am keeping my emissions intact.

That will depend on the fuel mileage gain which also depends on the tuner. My Hardway tune gets slightly better mpg than my Anarchy due to how it shift and turbo vane opening percentage at cruising speed.

I ran the numbers before I deleted and I calculated that a 2-3 mpg gain would pay for itself in about 60k miles with the fuel prices at the time. It ended up being a little sooner then that due to the fuel prices increasing. Expect an emission intact tune to net 1-2 mpg better than stock. I heard Calibrated power Solutions makes a good emissions intact tune.

Calibrated Power Solutions Video

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been running a stealth module on my 16 for over a year now. It works but nothing like some of the reviews on FB claim. I did a lot of research on this product before I purchased it. It doesn't actually give you more power. It alters the pulse width signal to bring in power earlier in the power curve. Didn't do jack for my mpg's either. Also purchased a B&D throttle booster. That actually made a huge difference in the drivability of my truck. Neither will leave a footprint and I simply uninstall the stealth when I go in for service. The pedal booster is tucked up under dash so no one can see it anyway. So far no issues with my dealer.

redvettx2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would be happy to sell mine for a discount over new. I only used it 6 months and sold the truck. Too big for the garage on the new house plus I sold all my trailers. I traded to the dealer so I pulled it off. Like new and instructions etc. I set it on max level and left it there. 12K is about the most I towed for 1500 miles. After I pulled it out I was driving to the dealer I was like "this truck blows stock". Easy install and easy to hide. I got oil changes at the dealer-no flash and they never saw it. I also have custom harness and the OBD reader brand-new for my 18' Ram 2500. You will need the software but it will allow you to custom set your Tire Pressures where ever you want with no idiot light. Was never installed on the truck as I was waiting for software for the iPhone which was not out at the time. $400 for all of it. PM me.