Steel Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, in the interest of saving a few bucks on tires and going for a different look, I'm thinking about ditching the 20s and going to a 17" black steel wheel and probably a 285/70r17 or maybe slightly larger. Has anyone run the standard black steelies on a 4th gen 1500? I'm keeping my eyes open for a set of rebel takeoffs for a decent price, but not holding my breath.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I have done this in my previous 4th gen Ram. Replaced my 20” alloys for 17” steel wheels from Tradesman truck. Scrap yard find, 4 for $250 if I remember. Ran them for winter only use for three years. Sprayed them black myself as I wasn’t too worried about appearances.
Don’t know if that’s the ‘look’ you after? May not be nice enough for all year wheels. But they do fit, 100% certain.
Try on line. Several stores do refurbed wheels and they are good!
For my new truck I bought a set of refurbished wheels for winter tyres again. On now actually!
Wheels of America I believe they called….

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
20210626_130127.jpg

I have these procomp 17×9 steelies left over from my 2006. I really liked these wheels. had 285 70 17s bfgs raised white letter tires and it completely changed the look of the truck! everybody loved them!
when I have some budget I want to get them re powder coated and some new tires and throw them on my warlock!