Steering angle sensor/air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rondo74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all, I've been searching these forums for a while now and made an account because I love my truck and want to find the answers to these questions, so thanks in advance. I have a 16 RWD Limited with 159k on the clock. About a month ago, I noticed the steering wheel canted about 10 degrees to the right, but steering straight. I'd known I needed an alignment for a while so I made the appointment. Next day, I was driving home from work and when I got off the freeway, I got the :bing:, the air suspension dropped, traction control light came on, the cruise shut off and got the following lights: Service air suspension, service trailer brake system, service electronic braking system. When I got home, I plugged in alfaOBD and got the following codes: U0415 and C0051 along with 4 air suspension codes that I don't recall right now, but one was def low air mass. took the truck to my indy mech and he said I needed a new TIPM. Replaced that and nothing came back to life. Indy guy couldn't do anything else so it had to go to the dealer. Truck was there for 4 days where they reflashed the TIPM, blew out all the air lines, tested the ASCM and the compressor and all the blocks. All were supposedly good. Then my service rep called and said the tech did a "total vehicle reconfiguration" and that everything was fine now, no codes no nothing, all good. I picked the truck up and indeed everything was perfect for like 4 days and it happened again. Now it's back at the dealer and they're looking for the cause. Am I correct in suspecting the steering angle position sensor? This seems to be the initial symptom. I did get the alignment and new tires. Sorry for the long post, just want to be thorough with my question.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The steering position angle sensor in in the EPS rack, and that has to be recalibrated at the dealer, I don't see where you got a fault for this, maybe the alignment caused a error in your EPS possible, check all of the connections going to your EPS could be a bad ground, also your TIPM can't be reflashed, it controls all of your electrical functions fuses, relays, and such. TIPM (Total Intergrated power module).EPS(electronic power steering).

OP
OP
R

Rondo74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply! I thought that about the TIPM, I'm just going off what the dealer told me. The good news is that the service advisor I had last time apparently didn't do their job very well and they let her go, specifically citing my case for lack of product knowledge and lack of communication with me and the tech doing the work. They have since started a next level service call (star?) with Chrysler to find out what the issue really is. Right now my left rear bag is showing 29 psi while all the rest are between 130-150, but they can't find a leak anywhere. Hopefully this doesn't end up costing me too much time or $

Jirka639

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi,
how did you solve your problem with Service air suspension and steering?
I have the same issue and i don't know how solve it.
thx