Steering arm nut recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fireplug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 Dodge Ram 2500 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 6.4 gas engine. I received a recall notice for something about a D nut on the steering arm that can come loose and cause uncontrollable steering. Dodges answer to this is to weld the nut in place. And every time you need an alignment the nut has to be cut off. Anyone see any problem with this????? At some point after a few welds the arm will need to be replaced. My first question to y’all is what and where is this D nut. There has to be a better fix than this. thanks.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have a 2017 Dodge Ram 2500 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 6.4 gas engine. I received a recall notice for something about a D nut on the steering arm that can come loose and cause uncontrollable steering. Dodges answer to this is to weld the nut in place. And every time you need an alignment the nut has to be cut off. Anyone see any problem with this????? At some point after a few welds the arm will need to be replaced. My first question to y’all is what and where is this D nut. There has to be a better fix than this. thanks.

Hi fireplug, it sounds like this is the V06 recall. If you have any questions or concerns, please send us a PM with your VIN and we can help!

Kaitlin
Ram Cares