Steering issues after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nate_Bartlett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Hey first post here, new to the forum. I have a 2019 1500 5.7 etorque Laramie. I bought it a year old from a dealership that lifts trucks. It’s got a 6” rough country kit on it with 35’s and 22” wheels. I’ve had it for about three months now and I’ve noticed in the last two months that the steering seems to be just off. Some days it feels solid and others it’s off. What really got my attention was the steering wheel would not center. It would correct to the 1 or 2 o’clock position and stay there, pulling the truck to the right. Once I get up to speed and drive for a few minutes, it corrects itself and centers appropriately. I took it to the dealership and they said it was reading off and started with replacing the steering column control module. It still happened after that. So then they replaced the rack and pinion. It still happened. It’s happened twice now and they are saying there is nothing else it could be and are blaming it on the lift kit. I have the lift kit under warranty from the dealer I bought the truck but I no longer live in the state where I bought it. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue? It seems electrical since it has been hit or miss but I feel it’s going to go no where with both dealerships now. Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Last edited:

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Hey first post here, new to the forum. I have a 2019 1500 5.7 etorque Laramie. I bought it a year old from a dealership that lifts trucks. It’s got a 6” rough country kit on it with 35’s and 22” wheels. I’ve had it for about three months now and I’ve noticed in the last two months that the steering seems to be just off. Some days it feels solid and others it’s off. What really got my attention was the steering wheel would not center. It would correct to the 1 or 2 o’clock position and stay there, pulling the truck to the right. Once I get up to speed and drive for a few minutes, it corrects itself and centers appropriately. I took it to the dealership and they said it was reading off and started with replacing the steering column control module. It still happened after that. So then they replaced the rack and pinion. It still happened. It’s happened twice now and they are saying there is nothing else it could be and are blaming it on the lift kit. I have the lift kit under warranty from the dealer I bought the truck but I no longer live in the state where I bought it. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue? It seems electrical since it has been hit or miss but I feel it’s going to go no where with both dealerships now. Thanks in advance for any inputs.
Maybe the rack and pinion needs a relearn, I saw on this forum that is indeed a thing with these trucks after certain steering work, which I assume has been done here.