Steering wheel audio controls with CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrlandoTragic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey all! Relatively new 2022 Ram owner here - loving the truck but noticed what appears to be an issue.

When playing music via CarPlay, I can use the steering wheel controls to move to the next song, etc., however the center button on the left side controls (the circular button, vs. the up/down rockers), which I previously was able to use to pause or resume a song, no longer works. When I push the button, nothing happens.

Has anyone else noticed this? Wasn't sure if this was a software issue with Carplay or a hardware issue with the button. I really don't use the entertainment system in any mode other than Carplay so I'm not really sure what other purposes that left side center button serves.

Thanks for any pointers! (PS I did try unpairing and reconnecting the phone but the same issue is happening). Both the iPhone and headunit are fully updated)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963