Steering wheel clicking. 2019 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Well dang, here I was thinking everyone was sharing the same issue and now I'm back to being the lone ranger!

OP
OP
R

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
We'll see what happens. I can't get my case manager to return any calls from last week or this week, and every other case manager I talk to passes the buck. "that's not my case I can't answer that but I'll leave a message for you". Really? Okay.

Dealership is setting me up with a rental car because they don't know how long this will take. I hope it's a truck because I need it for working.

OP
OP
R

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Had my option of a mini van or wrangler. Chose the wrangler hoping for a tow hitch but none. Really hope this won't be long.

OP
OP
R

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
So, fwiw, the engineer on the case believes it's a clock spring. Problem is, they can't get one until September...

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, fwiw, the engineer on the case believes it's a clock spring. Problem is, they can't get one until September...
See if ram cares on here can get one sooner for you.

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

That sucks! Unfortunately I think spare parts are going to be in short supply in the short term as factories get back online after the covid panic.

rush2112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
To clarify, mine was 1 click felt thru the steering wheel and heard faintly from the front when low speed turning either way. Wasn't this way when I purchased new. Seemed to start around 7500 miles, now have 11,000. They say the culprit is the Drag Link. Replacing today.

rush2112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Drag link had excessive wear. Not sure how this happened. Never been off road or put truck in any situation that would cause this. Tech was very surprised as well.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Truckin19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
My 19 RAM 2500 also has this "Click" issue. Does anyone have any recommended dealerships in the North Carolina State that actually don't just brush you off and will hopefully look into this for me?

OP
OP
R

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
My 19 RAM 2500 also has this "Click" issue. Does anyone have any recommended dealerships in the North Carolina State that actually don't just brush you off and will hopefully look into this for me?

I'm in Charlotte NC. The dealership in Pineville has done very good for me. They're the best part of this whole purchase. They still can't get the part though....(clock spring)

I'd recommend starting a star case with Chrysler for this.

If you do end up going to pineville for service ask for Stan. He's been helping me through this.

Truckin19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
RB,
Thanks for the heads up! I will def. give it some thought!
Truckin

OP
OP
R

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Got a notification that the part should be in later next week.

Truckin19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Yeah, the dealer called me and said mine was in as well so I go this Sat. to have them install it. Hopefully this will correct the issue and it doesn't present itself again......
T

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Got a notification that the part should be in later next week.

Yeah, the dealer called me and said mine was in as well so I go this Sat. to have them install it. Hopefully this will correct the issue and it doesn't present itself again......
T

Please be sure to keep us posted once you have a chance to have this installed! I am more than happy to take the next steps for further support if you are still experiencing trouble.

Mark
RamCares

Houston762

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its called a clock spring and it's inside the steering wheel behind horn and air bag. Had my replaced on 2019 classic and it still made the clicking with the new one. Sold that truck and got a 2500.

OP
OP
R

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Still never heard from the dealership about the part.

Truckin19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Had mine replaced by the dealer about a month ago. At first the clicking wasn't present so I thought it was a successful repair. However, in the last week or so the "Clicking" noise has returned and is starting to get worse. Have another appointment with the dealer to see what the next step is.....

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
So an update on my clicking. I took it to my local Ram dealership and had them look at it. I watched my dash cam after I got it back to see what he did. He took the dash trim off and took a stethoscope to different parts of the steering components while turning the wheel back and forth. Narrowed it down to the steering column itself. Ordered a new column and replaced it, and now I have no more clicking. It’s been about a month and a half of clicking free for me.

OP
OP
R

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
So an update on my clicking. I took it to my local Ram dealership and had them look at it. I watched my dash cam after I got it back to see what he did. He took the dash trim off and took a stethoscope to different parts of the steering components while turning the wheel back and forth. Narrowed it down to the steering column itself. Ordered a new column and replaced it, and now I have no more clicking. It’s been about a month and a half of clicking free for me.

My dealer did the same. It came back after a couple weeks and then it turned into months for a new clock spring. Sold the truck before it ever came in.