Steering wheel clicking. 2019 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
My dealer did the same. It came back after a couple weeks and then it turned into months for a new clock spring. Sold the truck before it ever came in.
That’s not very encouraging lol Oh well, I just got a new Mustang a week ago so I haven’t been driving the truck much.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s not very encouraging lol Oh well, I just got a new Mustang a week ago so I haven’t been driving the truck much.

Any pics of the mustang?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Very nice, congratulations! We rented a GT convertible last time we were in California, was a fun car to zip around in. Clutch got a little heavy after a while but not too bad. Any plans for it or going to enjoy it stock for a little while?
Gotta let my wallet recover a bit first lol. Exhaust will be here tomorrow. Wheels so I can put 315’s on it, and maybe lower a bit and she’s mostly done. It was a replacement for my 03 GT that got wrecked in June that I had for 13 years. She was my first build, my baby, and I’ll miss her forever.

3743E3E0-FF23-43BF-B5ED-E38B78B31176.jpeg

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gotta let my wallet recover a bit first lol. Exhaust will be here tomorrow. Wheels so I can put 315’s on it, and maybe lower a bit and she’s mostly done. It was a replacement for my 03 GT that got wrecked in June that I had for 13 years. She was my first build, my baby, and I’ll miss her forever.

View attachment 219171

Damn man that's pretty rough..I've had my other car for 17 years and would be pretty devastated to lose it like that. Nice replacement though, enjoy it.

Truckin19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Have an appointment on 9/19 to take the RAM back to the dealer so they can look at the clicking issue while turning the wheel again. They replaced the clock spring the last go-round so not sure what the next step would be. I contacted customer service to see if they could help, but they just stated to work with the dealer. So, at this point, I will take it back and see what can be done. Any other suggestions would be of course appreciated.....
Truckin

Truckin19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Oh,
Forgot to mention,
LOVE THE STANGS! Beautiful! If only.....my wife would let me.... lol
Truckin

Truckin19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
So Update:

As of 11/9/2020 I have had the RAM at the dealership three times for the Clicking/Popping issue in the steering wheel.
They have replaced the clock spring
They have replaced the drag link
They have tightened the steering wheel mounting nut

None of the aforementioned repairs have corrected the issue. I have opened a case with RAM requesting an engineer be sent to the dealership and ride with me so I can reproduce the issue and have them find out what's causing the issue/repair it correctly.
Once I have this completed I will provide an update to hopefully help other people who are dealing with this issue finally get a resolution.
Truckin

Truckin19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Update:

RAM Customer care isn't worth anything. They simply just pushed me off/back to the dealership and basically stated they are a Call Center and can't do anything. So, I am not really sure what they do.....if anything....because helping a RAM customer isn't one of them. I have an appointment (4th) this Saturday and will provide another update once I reproduce the issue and discuss with the service dept....again...
Truckin

Truckin19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
So,
Took the truck back to the dealership this past Saturday and reproduced the issue again while the tech was riding with me. He heard the click/pop. So they are going to re-open the case with Star (Tech Line) and see what the next item that needs to be replaced to "Fix" the issue. They are supposed to call me sometime this week....so I will update once I have more info.
Truckin

Truckin19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
11-23-2020 Update:

After going back and forth to the dealership 5 times....the issue has finally been repaired. The dealership performed the following repairs in attempt to correct the "Pop/Clicking" noise coming from the steering wheel:

1. Alignment
2. Draglink replacement (Updated Version of the DL)
3. Clock Spring replacement
4. Amp Bolts tightened (Some sort of bracket under the dash that if loose can cause the noise)...this was a TSB.

NONE of the aforementioned above repairs corrected the issue and after respectfully "Pushing" the shop foreman they did the following repair which DID correct the problem

5. Steering column (Entire) replaced.

So, if you are having this issue..... I would try to see if they will start by replacing the steering column...as that's what fixed it for me.

Hope this helps someone,
Truckin

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It's quite old but I just found it due to your reply.
I have the same issue on my 2022 PW, clicking from the steering wheel like a plastic comb. Started around 4k miles on the truck. I'm due for a service sometime soon and will address the issue, but reading this thread don't have too high hopes for a fix. Especially as replacing the entire column has worked in some cases, but not in others.