Stereo is now not working after Heater core replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dehdlee Duo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L Diesel
Hey all, I have so many questions but one thing I wanted to find out if anyone else has dealt with this problem. I took my truck in to get my heater core replaced manily cause I don't have a garage and didn't want to be in the cold to tackle that. Anyway I would like to find out if I may be missing something or maybe a cable has came unplugged in the dash somewhere? not sure I am planning on taking back to find out why my stereo is not powering on. I wasn't sure if there was someone that has dealt with this or not.

Let me know what you all think I am still going to take it in the shop again and find out if they unplkugged something they forgot to plug back in.

OP
OP
dehdlee Duo

dehdlee Duo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L Diesel
This afternoon I went out on the truck and checked the connections to the radio and all are attached and connected correctly. The radio is still not working. Is there a connection in the fuse box that might have popped loose or something?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You may have blown a fuse for your radio when they disassembled it.

OP
OP
dehdlee Duo

dehdlee Duo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L Diesel
You may have blown a fuse for your radio when they disassembled it.
That is what I was thinking but I actually checked the fuses and all are good, the fuses have power but no power to the radio or the dome lights.

OP
OP
dehdlee Duo

dehdlee Duo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L Diesel
I checked one last fuse and the i.o.d. Fuse is blown. I tried replacing it but just keeps blowing fuses

OP
OP
dehdlee Duo

dehdlee Duo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L Diesel
Yeah I'm taking it back to see what's going on

OP
OP
dehdlee Duo

dehdlee Duo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L Diesel
Ok So update from the last time I sent this out, They have not been able to look at my truck since the tech that replaced my heater core has been on vacation, doing some troubleshooting I have found out the IOD fuse keeps blowing, I can trace one side to the dome lights and they are not pinched. Any one have some thoughts where to go next? I will be doing some troubleshooting myself when it warms up next week I hope.