Stereo Speaker keeps fading in and out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cld0196

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 with the Alpine Stereo and 8.4 screen. The issue I'm having is the left front speaker keeps cutting in and out. It's been replaced once so far, worked fine for about 3 weeks and now it's doing it again. It just the left front. The others all appear to be working fine. It worked fine when I bought it for about 3-4 weeks too.

It's annoying, especially if you using Navigation as that is broadcast thru the LF Speaker. I prefer to watch the road and not the map on the screen, hahaha

Making an appointment as I type this.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 with the Alpine Stereo and 8.4 screen. The issue I'm having is the left front speaker keeps cutting in and out. It's been replaced once so far, worked fine for about 3 weeks and now it's doing it again. It just the left front. The others all appear to be working fine. It worked fine when I bought it for about 3-4 weeks too.

It's annoying, especially if you using Navigation as that is broadcast thru the LF Speaker. I prefer to watch the road and not the map on the screen, hahaha

Making an appointment as I type this.

Hello cld0196,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your ongoing concern. Please keep us updated on your appointment. If any additional assistance is needed, please reach out to us privately.
Laura
RamCares

Jaybear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WOW! I just came on to post about this issue and see if anyone else has experienced it and knows what's wrong. Your post was the 1st thing I saw about this. I have a 2019 Ram Big Horn that I just got less than 2 months ago and just hit 2000 miles. My speakers driver side are randomly fading out and coming back. I dont have an alpine system, just stock. However the same exact issue you are having!

OP
OP
C

cld0196

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had it at the dealership yesterday. Tech said there was a trouble code for Ch #1 which is left front speakers. Tech tested things and believes it may be Amplifier, so one has be ordered.

kbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Neurotix82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (345)
I had this issue in my 04 Laramie with Infinity system, but I had replaced the factory stereo with a double din pioneer and used a harness to bypass the factory amp for door and dash speakers. Then I modified the doors to fit 1ohm Infinity Kappa 6x9's and 6.5's. Then I ran the 5v pre-amp to a Fosgate Punch 1000w amp powering two 12" Fosgate Punch subwoofers in a Fox box underneath the rear seats.

So I was thinking it was an issue with the grounding.. to replace all that and still have the issue.

**On a side note, though, I did notice that it doesn't fade in and out at higher volumes. I also noticed that it'll fade in or out when hitting a bump or pothole. So. I discovered that if I smack the dash above the radio.. it'll fade it back in. Just doesn't stay that way.

Anyways it's been the best damn truck I've ever had. It just passed 300k miles and still runs like brand new.

So I went out last week and bought a 2010 Laramie with only 50k miles. Still has that new car smell. All factory.. music does the same thing. The thing is.. it didn't start doing it until today, which is why I'm here, after I adjusted the equalizer settings in the radio to "Bass -2, Mid +0, High +2"

I thought, "Maybe the factory amp doesn't like when you play with the equalizer l, fade and balance.." but the factory amp was bypassed in the 04.

Now.. I'm no certified technician, but I am very familiar with electronics on general and it still seems to me like a grounding issue. A weak ground would cause issues that a diagnosis test may read as being a component issue while it's actually just being affected by the problem source, in my opinion.

That technician told the other poster his issue was the factory amp. I'm looking at the 04 thinking it's issue is the stereo ground. Not necessarily a loose ground, but perhaps an insufficient wire gauge.

What I'm going to try.. is to run an additional ground wire from the battery to the frame, then run a new ground to the stereo.. and see if that makes a difference. There's way too many electronics in these trucks to be skimping out on the grounding anyways.

I'll post if that fixes it.