Still trying to find Tonneau that fits with multi function tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone found a Tonneau top that fits with the new multi-function tailgate? The supports near the cab seem to make all tonneau tops unable to fit this truck.

0.jpg

Tonneaucovered

www.tonneaucovered.com
Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Has anyone found a Tonneau top that fits with the new multi-function tailgate? The supports near the cab seem to make all tonneau tops unable to fit this truck.

View attachment 179516

Hey Jeff, If you give Peter or Shaun a call at Tonneau Covered. They can let you know if any tonneau covers are available for your truck. Here is their number: 928-457-0970

MANDTZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter hemi
I just bought a RAM Limited with the split tailgate and my dealer days the Mopar hard trifold fits. They are a high volume dealer and seem to know their stuff. I have an appt for them to install it on Thursday, so we shall see. On another forum I was lead to believe that the Mopar one is a modified BAKFLIP.

MANDTZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter hemi
After Multiple reassurances that they had a hard trifold that would fit, the dealer tells me today they're not sure. Terrific.

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is that really a support or is that for tie down purposes. Could it not be removed?

MANDTZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter hemi
They say it is a bed support for he the MFT is open in the barn door position.
A person on another thread took them off and installed L brackets meant to support countertops, then installed a peragon cover. I'll probably do something similar.
Dealer said he would not do the bracket swap, but if i did they would put on whichever cover I want. Seems like the factory brackets were put on as a last minute afterthought.

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They say it is a bed support for he the MFT is open in the barn door position.
A person on another thread took them off and installed L brackets meant to support countertops, then installed a peragon cover. I'll probably do something similar.
Dealer said he would not do the bracket swap, but if i did they would put on whichever cover I want. Seems like the factory brackets were put on as a last minute afterthought.

Huh, i guess that makes sense. Must help keep bedside from flexing if the door got swung open hard.
I have looked at those peragon covers for a while but never really understood how they work if you get ice on them?

LouCap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the MFT on my Limited and I found that the only tonneau that fits right out of the box is the Gator Hybrid. It's a hard folding cover, but it looks like a soft tonneau.

RAM Gator Hybrid CU.jpg RAM Gator Hybrid WS.jpg