Stock Air Suspension Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Hey guys,

After 5 years of Canadian winters, I have finally started to get the dreaded air suspension issues on my Ram 1500.

A message appeared on my EVIC:
“Immediate Air Suspension Service/Repair Required”.

Fortunately, the truck threw this error while in normal ride height so I don’t have an issue with current driveabilty. However, when I press the console buttons, nothing changes and the little yellow LEDs don’t flash.

I have checked the 40A fuse and the air suspension relay in the PDC, both of which are good. The truck has no sag or lean on any side/corner. The last 2 days have been above 0 Celsius and the message stays on for the entire duration that I am driving.

Any ideas as to what could be going on here?

Update #1: Just ordered a OBDLink MX+ and AlfaOBD to get better insight into the issue.

Update #2: scan results of ASCM with MX+ and OBDLink app. Cleared the codes but the 2 related to the valves immediately came back. Guessing I need a new valve block?

Attachments

• F9DFB3B2-EEE0-4FF6-9689-494B210E80CB.jpeg
    F9DFB3B2-EEE0-4FF6-9689-494B210E80CB.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

wes8398

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Brand new here... but not new to automotive forums and wrenching. Rather than regurgitating all the info I've learned on this topic over the past few weeks, I'm just going to point you to a post that I JUST came across which will explain a bit of what's happened, and also provide you - what I think is - a pretty awesome solution. Look here: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/adding-suspension-airline-dryer.188380/