Stock Bilstein 4600s on Rebel are garbage--anybody running Bilstein 8112 upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have 40k miles on my 2020 Rebel, which comes stock with Bilstein 4600s set at what I understand to be a 3/4" ride height increase over other stock Rams. I drive on hard pavement 95% of my time, however I live in Michigan and our roads get mangled every winter with deep pot holes, and I drive washboard dirt roads and two tracks about 20 days a year. At 40k miles after 2.5 years of owning this truck and driving it this way, these Bilstein 4600s just do not cut it. They aren't completely toast, probably not even close, but their performance sucks. Anybody considering an upgrade to Bilsteins from stock, I highly recommend spending the few extra bucks on the 5100s, I think that difference is a big one.

I've learned over the years with 5 upgraded suspensions, That for my driving the Bilstein 5100s or Fox 2.0 (or similar class suspension) is really the product that provides me with what I NEED in a suspension--one that won't heat up and phase out quickly on washboard dirt roads or two tracks, or burn out driving over continuous potholes. Anything more is just for smiles.

Just wondering if anybody on here has made this silly jump and has run this system on their truck and can give me some feedback on how they're working out. This system is far above a suspension I need, and is arguably really more for smiles and a toy, but I'm looking to get it on my truck and wondered if anybody else has run them.