Stock PW Coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone put the coils from a PW on a non PW? A buddy of mine out a 4 inch lift on his PW, and is gunna sell me his coils and maybe his shocks, not sure about those yet. What is the coil height difference between PW and Tradesman (other models) i've seen 1.9" is that true?

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
40 odd sets off springs for the Ram trucks, depending on options, engine, cab, bed, etc..Being a Power Wagon owner, I can verify that these are by far the nicest riding 2500’s stock trucks that Ram makes. With that being said they are “tuned” for the Power Wagon with Off Road flex being the major intent. What’s your thought in putting them on your truck. If it’s just to level your vehicle depending on your truck there’s easier and better alternative’s out there then swapping to the PW springs. And would you swap front and rear, if not it’ll be completely unbalanced with it’s handling.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
40 odd sets off springs for the Ram trucks, depending on options, engine, cab, bed, etc..Being a Power Wagon owner, I can verify that these are by far the nicest riding 2500’s stock trucks that Ram makes. With that being said they are “tuned” for the Power Wagon with Off Road flex being the major intent. What’s your thought in putting them on your truck. If it’s just to level your vehicle depending on your truck there’s easier and better alternative’s out there then swapping to the PW springs. And would you swap front and rear, if not it’ll be completely unbalanced with it’s handling.

I currently have stock coils with a 2.5 spacer that i have slight regrets with it. 2.5 is too high, i want more like 2". I figured it would be and would try and find rear coils too, and add airlift 5000 to help retain payload.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah that happens because when ever raise either end of your vehicle the other end drops in slight response. Assuming that you have a solid axle in the front remove the leveling spacers, get your truck at about 1/2 - 3/4 tank of gas park on as level ground that you can and then take measurement’s at all 4 wheel opening’s. You’ll probably find the driver’s side rear a little lower which is normal because of the gas tank back there. Take your measurement’s from the center of the hub/rim to the wheel well opening in the same area on all 4. Get your measurements then using a jack, jack up the front of the truck from anywhere that’ll raise the truck and let the suspension cycle until you get the desired height to level up the truck. Remember one thing when you do that most trucks that are dead level look like they’re squatting in the back and you want about 1/2” -3/4” so that it doesn’t look like it’s squatting. Then you can order up some new spacers and it’s always best to go lower than higher so if it out 1.9 get 1.5 not a 2.0. Good luck and I still wouldn’t recommend the PW front springs without the correct PW rear spring’s to go with it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The front will add anywhere from 1.5-2”. I would guess a little less than 2” anyway.

But, just remember, if you add the rear coils too, you will be sitting ass high again. The wagons have quite a bit of rake stock.

I am still running my stock coils front and rear, with 1.5” spacers up front. Still have about 3/4” of rake. Heres a few pics showing the rake with 1.5” spacers....

81A6065A-9AB8-405D-AB24-17D566809751.jpeg

DBB3B4DE-0FCD-4F3E-AE93-B510E25932AA.jpeg

B61C135D-6F96-439B-A6EC-9F3D73D18F5A.jpeg

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I contemplated going PW coils until I test drove one. For supposedly having softer coils they were not much different than stock on the pavement. Thuren 2” coils are much softer. I have Thuren’s 2” coils and Fox shocks on the front of my truck and it sits dead level with the stock rear. Very happy with the ride.

t22lJvy.jpg

You could do the front overland shocks and have a nice level for $500.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I contemplated going PW coils until I test drove one. For supposedly having softer coils they were not much different than stock on the pavement. Thuren 2” coils are much softer. I have Thuren’s 2” coils and Fox shocks on the front of my truck and it sits dead level with the stock rear. Very happy with the ride.

t22lJvy.jpg

Do you need to replace coils in the rear? As stated above?

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Even with swapping front with thuren?

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

t22lJvy.jpg

That’s would be the added weight of a Power Wagon front end with winch, mount, front sway disconnect that the spring’s are tuned for. Little bit more weight up front.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m confused as to what your looking to do, run it by me again, lol.

I want to get rid of my RC spacers. A buddy of mine had PW coils, i was wondering if could rock them, and yall said it would be unbalanced. Would that also hold true if i did thuren springs up front and stock in the rear?

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cool thing about coils is they are easy to swap in. just try swapping both front and rears in and see what it looks and feels like. if you don't like it swap back.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cool thing about coils is they are easy to swap in. just try swapping both front and rears in and see what it looks and feels like. if you don't like it swap back.
It depends on what you’re hoping to get out of them, and just the Thuren/ Carli front spring’s with a your stock rear set up on a non Power Wagon will be fine but why not do both front and rear Power Wagon spring’s?
I’m not sure if the spring rate on the rear of a non Power Wagon’s are rated the same, I would gather that your truck being a 2019 6.4 with whatever options compared to your friend’s may be different if his truck is optioned out differently. Tow pkgs, Plow pkgs, cab size and bed length come into question as “All Power Wagon’s since 2014 are Crew Cab, gas engine 6.4 ltr with a 76” bed. If your matches up to it then it should be okay. And remember the difference can be slight or they can be a nightmare.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I would do this here. Doesnt take long to slip them in and drive it around for a bit. Then you will know for sure.