Stock SRT 6.4L Header's, will they fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juice_Bruce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought SRT 6.4L Header's for my 2013 RAM 1500.

Any idea if they'll fit?

Looks pretty tight with the stock cast iron headers, specifically by the steering shaft coupler.

Cheers,
Bruce

Attachments

• IMG_20220510_185117637.jpg
    IMG_20220510_185117637.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 28

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

Any idea if they'll fit?

Looks pretty tight with the stock cast iron headers, specifically by the steering shaft coupler.

Cheers,
Bruce

They'll bolt on. What kind of y-pipe are they connecting to?

OP
OP
Juice_Bruce

Juice_Bruce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just 2 into 1 stock, however it looks like it'll have to be modified, unless I install a different pipe. Any suggestions?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just 2 into 1 stock, however it looks like it'll have to be modified, unless I install a different pipe. Any suggestions?
Go see Tim at Total Truck in Spruce Grove,he does all my exhaust stuff. You can find him on Facebook,Tim Loughlan Jr. Tell him Rick Wildman sent you,probably won't get you a cheaper price,but he might work you in quicker.

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I thought they would not fit. that would hit the frame rail. if you could take some pic that would be great. i would have done this already if i new they would have fit.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I thought they would not fit. that would hit the frame rail. if you could take some pic that would be great. i would have done this already if i new they would have fit.

If the SRT headers hit the frame rail all the long tubes would as well. We have clearance. You might have to use some heat wrap on some of your components with all that extra horsepower though :)

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If the SRT headers hit the frame rail all the long tubes would as well. We have clearance. You might have to use some heat wrap on some of your components with all that extra horsepower though :)
He has a 2500 by the looks of it,the frames are differant on them

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l

Any idea if they'll fit?

Cheers,
Bruce
Did this go to fruition? Trying to fix the manifold leak on my 2014 1500 2wd cc and seen some for sale locally. Wondering how good of a fit with our stock y pipe.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
It was a big mod on the LX/LC platforms back in the day to use the 6.1 SRT headers on the 5.7's. It worked very well with SRT gaskets and SRT bolts with very little screwing around to get everything lined up.

Going to a custom made y-pipe on the 5.7's in our trucks is a huge improvement in torque and engine breathing. I did mine a short while back after having the JBA shorty's installed, and I couldn't believe it was the same truck afterwards.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was a big mod on the LX/LC platforms back in the day to use the 6.1 SRT headers on the 5.7's. It worked very well with SRT gaskets and SRT bolts with very little screwing around to get everything lined up.

Going to a custom made y-pipe on the 5.7's in our trucks is a huge improvement in torque and engine breathing. I did mine a short while back after having the JBA shorty's installed, and I couldn't believe it was the same truck afterwards.
Do you have pics or design of the y-pipe?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

You had to use the 6.4 or 6.1 mid pipes to make them fit on a 5.7 in the cars,and you had to mess around a bit to get the bigger mid pipes to fit the stock 5.7 exhaust system.Did a couple of them,and they were a decent upgrade for the 5.7 cars. I have a set of 6.4 manifolds and catless mid pipes off the wifes Challenger that i've been thinking of throwing on our 5.7 300,but digging up the ambition to spend the 10 or 12 hours to do the job is the tough part,lol.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Do you have pics or design of the y-pipe?
I had a custom performance exhaust shop here in Toronto do it, Hot Rod Scott's.

They cut the stock piping after the cats and welded on the custom made y-pipe to the cats. They then cut the straight pipe before the Magnaflow muffler and welded on the one side of the flange.

They took a 2.5" stainless-steel pipe and mandrel bend it to almost a 90.. then made another one like this and then welded the two together to make a U-like shape.

They then put it in the jig and cut the U in the center to open up a perfect circle cut-out.
Then they welded on a straight pipe, and welded on a flange too to meet the other flange they installed.

Once this was all done they then used the mandrel to shape it perfectly to the cats and out to the straight pipe to the Magnaflow muffler so it was all tucked up and level and fit like a glove.

It was really cool watching them do this work, like an artist, except with exhaust.
After all was done they made sure the 5" tips were centered perfectly and sticking out perfectly aligned in the rear bumper cut-outs.

I know there are y-pipe kits one can purchase. But there's nothing like having custom work done like this with quality material. The total cost was $580 all in, and worth every damn penny!

The one comment the tech made to me is that he didn't know why more people don't do this with their vehicles as it's one of the most significant flow and performance improvements that can be done that nets real benefits, and for not a lot of money.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
You had to use the 6.4 or 6.1 mid pipes to make them fit on a 5.7 in the cars,and you had to mess around a bit to get the bigger mid pipes to fit the stock 5.7 exhaust system.Did a couple of them,and they were a decent upgrade for the 5.7 cars. I have a set of 6.4 manifolds and catless mid pipes off the wifes Challenger that i've been thinking of throwing on our 5.7 300,but digging up the ambition to spend the 10 or 12 hours to do the job is the tough part,lol.
Agreed, I've assisted in three jobs like this myself in the past and it was a bit of work for sure. We had a flare/mandrel machine to use so it helped greatly.

We also undid the mounts to move the engine up or down a bit for better access to the bolts.

natehate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
does running the srt 6.4 headers on our 5.7 1500 rams need a tune?

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
does running the srt 6.4 headers on our 5.7 1500 rams need a tune?
Negative.
No tune required when replacing the stock 5.7 cast iron junk with either SRT or aftermarket shorty headers.

When I put my JBA shorty's on I went with the SRT exhaust gaskets and the SRT bolts, and it's been great.

Remflex exhaust gaskets are highly recommended by many here on this forum.

My only caveat would be to ensure you lay down a thick heavy bead of Permatex Ultra Copper on the collectors so when you bolt up to the cat-back system there are no leaks.

natehate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
any mods to the y pipe?
did it affect your warranty?

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
any mods to the y pipe?
did it affect your warranty?
I'm technically out of warranty, so a moot point for me.

However:
I went to Hot Rod Scott's in Etobicoke and got them to custom fabricate a y-pipe from 2.5" stainless-steel pipe. All in it was just under $600, but this also included them making a flange after the cats so I could have the system removed in component pieces if I ever need it, for whatever reason. That was my call and cost me more $$. You'd save $100 plus dollars if you got everything welded in place vs. getting a flange connection made up.

I will say this though; the moment I drove off their lot I immediately noticed an improvement in flow and bottom end torque gain. I'm very happy I got the stock y-pipe removed and a custom made y-pipe made up. For me, it was worth every penny!

EDIT - have you ever seen the factory y-pipe where they smash a pair of 2.5" pipes into one small collector... it's a huge choking point to our vehicles exhaust systems.

A custom breathing 2.5" y-pipe affords a huge improvement in flow for our HEMI's ;)

natehate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm technically out of warranty, so a moot point for me.

However:
I went to Hot Rod Scott's in Etobicoke and got them to custom fabricate a y-pipe from 2.5" stainless-steel pipe. All in it was just under $600, but this also included them making a flange after the cats so I could have the system removed in component pieces if I ever need it, for whatever reason. That was my call and cost me more $$. You'd save $100 plus dollars if you got everything welded in place vs. getting a flange connection made up.

I will say this though; the moment I drove off their lot I immediately noticed an improvement in flow and bottom end torque gain. I'm very happy I got the stock y-pipe removed and a custom made y-pipe made up. For me, it was worth every penny!

EDIT - have you ever seen the factory y-pipe where they smash a pair of 2.5" pipes into one small collector... it's a huge choking point to our vehicles exhaust systems.

A custom breathing 2.5" y-pipe affords a huge improvement in flow for our HEMI's ;)
i unfortunately have just shy of 3 years of warranty left
i've looked into cutting that part of the y pipe out and modding it but read mixed reviews
i plan to go to long tubes with an x pipe and true duals when the warranty is up (cam/6.4 intake/blah blah bah)
just looking to see if i can get a cheap 10hp in the short term