Stock Wheel Offset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What is the offset of our 18 inch chrome clad stock wheels? Looking at possibly getting some new wheels off ebay and wanted to stick with the stock offset or a little negative from that.

Mopar_Magic_Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Yeah I didn't expect it either. I found this and share it with everyone I can. It's great information that everyone with a 2500 and 3500 should know. Glad I could help!

*This message was sent from the exhaust of 6.4L Hemi...

OP
OP
Will Ram 2500

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The article says 35's on stock wheels will have a slight rub on the radius arms. Does anyone know if that's when the suspension is bottomed out or if it does it when it's on level ground? I'm wanting to do 35's with minimal other cost. If I do stay with stock wheels without a level, at what points will the tires rub? Wanting TOYO Open Country MT or Firestone Destination MT in 35 x 12.5 since I can get either one at the same dealer.

Last edited:

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Slightly off topic, but....

I love the Firestone Destination MTs. Had them on my previous truck and on my Jeep JKU. Just my opinion, but I think they are a little soft for a 2500. They are load range E, but max psi is 65. Might be a little too soft if you carry a lot in the bed or pull a heavy trailer. Just throwing it out there.

I can't answer you wheel question because I have aftermarket wheels.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The article says 35's on stock wheels will have a slight rub on the radius arms. Does anyone know if that's when the suspension is bottomed out or if it does it when it's on level ground? I'm wanting to do 35's with minimal other cost. If I do stay with stock wheels without a level, at what points will the tires rub? Wanting TOYO Open Country MT or Firestone Destination MT in 35 x 12.5 since I can get either one at the same dealer.

They might rub at full lock like backing out of parking space or turning steering all the way to lock just in your dway. Not all tires will rub, check the mfg specs and try and keep it as close to 12.5 as you can. Some are over 13" wide

I love the Firestone Destination MTs. Had them on my previous truck and on my Jeep JKU. Just my opinion, but I think they are a little soft for a 2500. They are load range E, but max psi is 65. Might be a little too soft if you carry a lot in the bed or pull a heavy trailer. Just throwing it out there.

post a link to any 12.50" wider tire that's rated higher...I cant find any. Only tires I see that are 80psi are the skinny tires like 285's etc

OP
OP
Will Ram 2500

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

I can't answer you wheel question because I have aftermarket wheels.

Had the Destination MT on my half ton Chevy for about 5k miles until I traded for the Ram. I liked them on that truck, but it was way lighter. Price on them was in 285/75/16 was a lot cheaper than the BF Goodrich All Terrains which was why I went with them. BF Goodrich has priced themselves out of my price range. That was all I used to buy, but they've gotten greedy.