Stop sale/safety recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan l

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was suppose to take delivery of a 2020 PW today. I traded in my 2017 2500 HD Silverado.

Well there is a stop sale due to the drivers side mirror. ‍♂️ I guess the mirror can fall off. I’m hoping to take delivery before the stated November 17th date givin by Mopar.

While test driving the Ram I was very impressed with the power and acceleration compared to my Chev. I’ve owed Chevy trucks for 25+years. The ride was much better to my surprise.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have not heard of that. I have a 2020 PW I just bought a month and half ago.

OP
OP
Dan l

Dan l

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When we were signing papers and they entered the vin it came up. I guess it was issued on October 16th.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I got a text today from my local dealer saying I had an open safety recall. I still have not got the drag link welded but not sure if they were referring to that or something else

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was suppose to take delivery of a 2020 PW today. I traded in my 2017 2500 HD Silverado.

Well there is a stop sale due to the drivers side mirror. ‍♂️ I guess the mirror can fall off. I’m hoping to take delivery before the stated November 17th date givin by Mopar.

While test driving the Ram I was very impressed with the power and acceleration compared to my Chev. I’ve owed Chevy trucks for 25+years. The ride was much better to my surprise.

#HEMI. Silverados blow in comparison. Unless you have the 6.2 That motor is pretty quick. I had a 16 with the 5.3 and it was completely gutless even with a custom tune it wasn't much better.

OP
OP
Dan l

Dan l

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
#HEMI. Silverados blow in comparison. Unless you have the 6.2 That motor is pretty quick. I had a 16 with the 5.3 and it was completely gutless even with a custom tune it wasn't much better.

I was very impressed with the 6.4 and the 8 speed compared to my 6.0 /6 speed. No comparison. I would think it will pull much better than my Chev also. Sucks I have to weight another month but they said Chrysler will take another $500 off if I do.

OP
OP
Dan l

Dan l

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a text today from my local dealer saying I had an open safety recall. I still have not got the drag link welded but not sure if they were referring to that or something else

What’s up with the drag link?

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The fix for the drag link is a crappy solution. I never did my 2016. I marked the nuts with a yellow paint pen and checked them every time I washed it.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The fix for the drag link is a crappy solution. I never did my 2016. I marked the nuts with a yellow paint pen and checked them every time I washed it.

On the 2500's there is a recall for the drag link. Their solution is to weld the adjustment nuts so it is no longer adjustable. Pitiful solution

You can still adjust alignment after the recall fix is done. We can also potentially get you a new drag link to close the recall.
Can you send us a message with your VIN and dealer name? Thanks,

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
You can still adjust alignment after the recall fix is done. We can also potentially get you a new drag link to close the recall.
Can you send us a message with your VIN and dealer name? Thanks,

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
Alighment can be done but steering wheel can't be straightened and several on here have said after they got theirs welded the steering wheel was off and others said they went to a private shop and they would not touch the alignment due to liability concerns after they were welded.

PM sent and thanks!