Story of my life......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really miss my local Sears Hardware store, I hated to see it close for reasons just like this. I could easily run down there and pick up whatever craftsman tool I needed quickly and easily, they always had common tools in stock.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I own more 10mm sockets then any other size. Same for open end and combo wrenches.

Same here, but that's only because I seem to continually loose the little buggers. There's a squirrel around here somewhere who has his nest decorated in 10mm sockets and wrenches, I'm certain of it. :)

-K

mboymopar

MOPAR
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport
Engine
345 HEMI
Did someone take over/buy the tool part of Craftsman?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

NO sure on that division, but U can go to LOWE's and get yer Craftsman now also......

I have a 70/30 Craftsman/Husky conglomeration on several tool boxes. I just grab whatever is handy and works, but then I am old and senile and dementia may set in any minute, so does not bother me....Just Saying

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
NO sure on that division, but U can go to LOWE's and get yer Craftsman now also......

I have a 70/30 Craftsman/Husky conglomeration on several tool boxes. I just grab whatever is handy and works, but then I am old and senile and dementia may set in any minute, so does not bother me....Just Saying

Lowes and Ace Hardware now sell Craftsman, but at least our local Lowes only sell tool sets, no single pieces (of Craftsman) and no warranty swaps. They may still be ramping up to do more, not sure about that.

-K

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It would be great BUT I doubt that Lowes or ne thing else would do a warranty swap. Kinda get the idea that they are buying out excess storage and tools and selling, but only an opinion...

Last edited:

mboymopar

MOPAR
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport
Engine
345 HEMI
It would be great BUT I doubt that Lowes or ne thing else would do a warranty swap. Kinda get the idea that they are buying out excess storage and tools and selling, but only an opinion...

Your probably correct, I think Husky is tied into Snap-on but not 100% sure.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins

Stanley Works bought the rights to the Craftsman name. Stanley manufactures it's name, Mac Tools, and soon Craftsman. Danaher Corp used to manufacture Craftsman, Husky, Cornwell, Matco...But will soon stop Craftsman. Snap On owns J.H. Williams, which began to manufacture the Lowe's brand when first introduced, but that has since moved to another manufacturer, IIRC. This applies to hand tools only....ratchets, sockets, wrenches, etc

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Craftsman tools aren't what they used to be.

None of them are.
My Snap-on 1.2 ratchet finally died, boutght it, used, back in 74 or 95 from Snap-on Dealer, was 20 yrs old by then, Gears finally went out of it and no replacement. None of their newer stuff 80's & up are wirth buying, Reason I stopped gettign Mac, Matco, Snap-on, their failure rates were not much btter than S7K or Craftsman.

No more than I do, nowadays, liking Lowes store brand tools.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

A looong time ago.

My brother works in the R&D section of a tool company. He does testing of power tools before they get whatever company's name put on them.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
My Snap-on 1.2 ratchet finally died, boutght it, used, back in 74 or 95 from Snap-on Dealer, was 20 yrs old by then, Gears finally went out of it and no replacement. None of their newer stuff 80's & up are wirth buying, .

I was a Snap On dealer for 5 years. You should be able to put new guts in that thing, unless it was military issue. Any dealer can do it for you.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Lowes and Ace Hardware now sell Craftsman, but at least our local Lowes only sell tool sets, no single pieces (of Craftsman) and no warranty swaps. They may still be ramping up to do more, not sure about that.

-K
My lowes has single pieces, and they also do warranty replacement. I replaced two 1/4" ratchets and one 6 point 3/8" 10mm socket.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My lowes has single pieces, and they also do warranty replacement. I replaced two 1/4" ratchets and one 6 point 3/8" 10mm socket.

Thanks, that's good to know. Hopefully our local one will start doing so before the local Sears closes (It's hung on through all the closings so far).

-K