Strange issue with volume control (full blast)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a strange issue today, when I was going through the Dunkin Donuts drive thru this morning I pulled up to the window and the radio volume was low (maybe 7 or 8) and the second I put the truck in park the radio went FULL BLAST!!! It startled me so I turned it down fast and got my stuff and pulled forward and went to turn the radio up and volume level 1 was full blast setting. This was in XM radio, so I tried bluetooth and it was the same issue. Got home and unplugged the battery for a minute and hooked it back up and things were back to normal. Anyone else ever hear of this happening? Truck is a 2019 Classic Big horn with the uconnect 8.4

Rob

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never heard of this

If it happens again maybe you can turn off the auto volume adjustment in the settings. Maybe its too sensitive or something.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rebob0510

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never heard of this

If it happens again maybe you can turn off the auto volume adjustment in the settings. Maybe its too sensitive or something.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

i currently have that setting turned off for the auto volume. I’ve had the truck for 5 months now and have never had this issue before either... was very strange

Pparker74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This same thing happened to me. I did a little research and it appears to be a known issue, it did reset its self no problems since. Most people that took their vehicles to the dealership said all they did was update the firmware and if that didn’t fix it they replaced the radio.

OP
OP
Rebob0510

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This same thing happened to me. I did a little research and it appears to be a known issue, it did reset its self no problems since. Most people that took their vehicles to the dealership said all they did was update the firmware and if that didn’t fix it they replaced the radio.

It definitely scares you when it all of a sudden has the issue, it even startled the poor girl at the dunkin drive thru HAHAHAHAHA. Mine has been good since I unplugged the battery and let it set for a few minutes

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
On my 2015 radio, only issue and is rare, if I get a phone call when connected to radio, sometimes the volume changes to low and I have to restart truck to get volume back to normal.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a strange issue today, when I was going through the Dunkin Donuts drive thru this morning I pulled up to the window and the radio volume was low (maybe 7 or 8) and the second I put the truck in park the radio went FULL BLAST!!! It startled me so I turned it down fast and got my stuff and pulled forward and went to turn the radio up and volume level 1 was full blast setting. This was in XM radio, so I tried bluetooth and it was the same issue. Got home and unplugged the battery for a minute and hooked it back up and things were back to normal. Anyone else ever hear of this happening? Truck is a 2019 Classic Big horn with the uconnect 8.4

Rob

I have the 8.4C UAS radio. This happened to me last night and is the second time it has happened. The first time was about three weeks ago while listening to XM just driving along. Last night, I was talking on the phone through Bluetooth while backing into my garage. It went max volume right as the ParkSense started going off. Both times, after sitting overnight, the volume was back to normal the next morning.

Even though I have the lifetime Maxcare warranty, I'll be looking for a better radio. I was fed up with Uconnect after the 2018 software update debacle, just not fed up enough, I guess, to spend a grand on a new setup. Now that it is a hearing safety issue, I am fed up enough.

I just hope I can actually turn the aftermarket radio off.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
This has happened to my 19 BH Classic only once. Last fall wife and I were going to the store and the radio had 2 settings, very low and blasting. As we were shopping it must have reset itself so 45 minutes later when we came out and tried it it was fine.
I am have issues with my radio increasing in volume every 5 minutes with the AVC set. Opened another case with UConnect today.

xbaltizarx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 18 Big Horn which has had the radio replaced. I had the same issue. Was still under warranty so took it back to the dealer. Couldn’t replicate the issue so they just disconnected battery for 5 min and re connected. Been fine ever since. All the radio settings went back to stock. Color scheme,XM button on the touch screen disappeared as well. Don’t worry, it all goes back to how you had it set up after about 20min. At least it did for me.

DrFitzpatrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I was just shocked as I was driving down the road and BOOM. Full volume or off. No other option. I just parked my truck and hopefully from what I am reading here it will fix itself when I go out again later.

It better fix itself as I installed the OEM CarPlay system myself as my truck did not come with it so no warranty!

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
I have a 18 Big Horn which has had the radio replaced. I had the same issue. Was still under warranty so took it back to the dealer. Couldn’t replicate the issue so they just disconnected battery for 5 min and re connected. Been fine ever since. All the radio settings went back to stock. Color scheme,XM button on the touch screen disappeared as well. Don’t worry, it all goes back to how you had it set up after about 20min. At least it did for me.

I did a reset in the settings menu and still blasting every 5 minutes. I then disconnected the negative battery cable for an hour, and still blast every 5 minutes. Been playing phone tag with UConnect. RameCares no longer replies to my messages... support is as worthless as GM's warranty's.

DrFitzpatrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I was just shocked as I was driving down the road and BOOM. Full volume or off. No other option. I just parked my truck and hopefully from what I am reading here it will fix itself when I go out again later.

It better fix itself as I installed the OEM CarPlay system myself as my truck did not come with it so no warranty!

UPDATE: So I ate dinner, then went back out in my truck and the radio is back to normal...bizarre

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
UPDATE: So I ate dinner, then went back out in my truck and the radio is back to normal...bizarre

Mine did that very thing last fall. It sat for a while as went went shopping. Was fine when we cam out.
Strange bug in the UConnect system.