Strange Lighting Issue - LED Front Turn/Running Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bfrawls82

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 2019 1500 Classic. A few months ago I replaced my headlight bulbs and all of my front and rear turn bulbs with LEDs. I updated all of settings using AlfaOBD. Last night I noticed that when I lock or unlock my truck all of the turn signals flash EXCEPT the drivers side front. I initially thought that the bulb was bad. I checked it, and it functions correctly as my DRL, Running Light, and Left Turn. I tried doing the keyfob sequence, holding unlock, pressing lock to enable/disable the turn signal flashing to try and reset something and it didn't make a difference. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it? I am still leaning towards the bulb, but it is weird that it works fine for every other function.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I have a 2019 1500 Classic. A few months ago I replaced my headlight bulbs and all of my front and rear turn bulbs with LEDs. I updated all of settings using AlfaOBD. Last night I noticed that when I lock or unlock my truck all of the turn signals flash EXCEPT the drivers side front. I initially thought that the bulb was bad. I checked it, and it functions correctly as my DRL, Running Light, and Left Turn. I tried doing the keyfob sequence, holding unlock, pressing lock to enable/disable the turn signal flashing to try and reset something and it didn't make a difference. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it? I am still leaning towards the bulb, but it is weird that it works fine for every other function.

Switch that bulb to the other side to see if it acts the same ....

OP
OP
Bfrawls82

Bfrawls82

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Switch that bulb to the other side to see if it acts the same ....
I thought about that, or tossing the non LED bulb back in. It is just a pain in the butt to pull the housings to swap the bulbs, and I just got everything aimed correctly. :) Every time I take them out and put them back in, my aim is slightly off and needs tweaked. Maybe I am just too picky.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
led bulbs do weird things with the canbus system in these trucks regardless of alpha obd settings. I found that the interior lights on my ram sometimes worked and sometimes didnt, then realized the PO swapped to leds.. tried changing all setting i could find on lights to led option since I have led lights I installed elsewhere. nothing worked but changing the leds back to regular bulbs, recently I had an issue with led taillights were the led running lights for only one side would work regardless of both settings and resistors being installed. I have a second set of led tail lights on order now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I thought about that, or tossing the non LED bulb back in. It is just a pain in the butt to pull the housings to swap the bulbs, and I just got everything aimed correctly. :) Every time I take them out and put them back in, my aim is slightly off and needs tweaked. Maybe I am just too picky.
Oh ain't that the "TROOF" lol ... I hate swappen' out bulbs on these trucks lol ..

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can access the turn signal bulb through the flap in the fender.