stretched tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
anyone with experience running 14 wides with a 12.5 tire? mostly looking for experience with a 24x14 with a 33x12.5. I get it's not everyone's cup of tea but looking for real world xp. how is towing with this set up? I know they now make a 33x14.5r24 but at over 1k difference in price I'd like to keep the options open. Also haters welcome to chime in on how stupid it is i promise I won't get offended lol.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There's a grey Ram in my neighborhood that has these. I didn't know what this was until you mentioned it here. Its not my thing but I think it looks pretty good for what it is. tires are out from the fenders a fair amount too. To me its a real "look at me' sort of thing. Not my deal. Check out this tyrestretch.com site talked about on below:

Best Tires To Stretch

For those that are completely new to stretching tires, it is worthwhile checking out the different types of tire stretch. The website known as tyrestretch.com allows you to do exactly this and there are some crazy stretched tires on show. The purpose of the site is to allow users to submit their stretched tires and then visitors of the site can search the width, profile and diameter of a tire to see what it looks like.

In terms of the best tires to stretch, according to tyre stretch, the below are the most popular tire brands to use for stretching tires:

• Nankang
  • Falken
  • Toyo
  • Dunlop
  • Bridgestone

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
should be outlawed, and an automatic hefty fine for this extremely stupid and unsafe act

To each their own. Stupid nah. Unsafe maybe but do you have personal experience with it? Not starting a ******* match just curious if you have experience or if it's one of those well I read this one time a guys tire rolled off the rim.

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you going to lower your truck and offset your camber too? Nothing hotter than a Ram with cocked rims sticking out of the wells about 3 inches.

Sarcasm.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's you truck. I wouldn't ask i'll just do it then show the pictures and call it a day.
If you have to ask you're going to get a lot negative comments. Not my cup of tea either but again it's your truck so whatever we think of it shouldn't matter that much to you. My only recommendation for you will be to run your ideas with a reputable tire shop prob one that do setups like the ones you're looking for so you'll know what to expect. It's a heavy truck and not a small BMW M3 :)

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
anyone with experience running 14 wides with a 12.5 tire?....how is towing with this set up?
These can not be serious questions
To each their own. Stupid nah. Unsafe maybe but do you have personal experience with it? Not starting a ******* match just curious if you have experience or if it's one of those well I read this one time a guys tire rolled off the rim.
You probably won’t get any real world experience answers because nobody’s been dumb enough to do it. Stuff like this is the reason there are warning labels on everything.

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
These can not be serious questions

You probably won’t get any real world experience answers because nobody’s been dumb enough to do it. Stuff like this is the reason there are warning labels on everything.
If you dont think it's done you've never been to sema, Daytona truck week or pretty much any show.its done all of the time infact you can go to custom offsets and there are 1000s with this set up on all types of trucks but unfortunately no way to ask on that site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Personally I like the look i didn't ask for opinions though I knew they would be given. I simply asked if anyone has ran the set up Screenshot_20190813-190807_Samsung Internet.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
lolol.i actually ran around the corner to see if the grey truck in my neighborhood was around today. i want to get some pics of it. the wheels are out a bit but not like crazy...the rubber goes right to the edge of the rims like the black one above and its been completely debadged grey. its actually a sharp truck.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
anyone with experience running 14 wides with a 12.5 tire? mostly looking for experience with a 24x14 with a 33x12.5. I get it's not everyone's cup of tea but looking for real world xp. how is towing with this set up? I know they now make a 33x14.5r24 but at over 1k difference in price I'd like to keep the options open. Also haters welcome to chime in on how stupid it is i promise I won't get offended lol.

How does it tow? Might have to ask the tow truck driver when he pulls your **** home. You see stretched tire on show trucks or **** boy trucks. Anyone that uses their trucks for a real purpose will never do that silly ****. Might as well trade your truck in for a honda lol

Last edited:

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
It is your truck and your money, when I look at those all I see is a trailer queen.
I would definitely be afraid to tow with those, I would expect that they have to be inflated
almost or even past the sidewall max pressure rating to get a flat footprint.
Also a pothole is going to love chewing on the sidewalls especially with trailer adding weight to the rear.
Just my 2 cents and almost worth it. :eek:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get you want 14's, but I think you should reconsider the tire width

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Stupid... Yes.. And I believe if you look at the responses here, most agree, the only ones that don't think it's stupid, are a couple brain cells away from being declared ********.
Personal experiance... Not in the fanboy sense that we are talking about here, but way back before it was another stipulated trend, yes, I'm my tire shop we had tried to fit **** in rims that should never be on there. There is a reason tire manufacturers listed a recommended rim width range for every tire. A couple of old coworkers with crushed and broken fingers from us trying to do something do stupid for a cheap ass redneck customer on a Saturday afternoon, will agree with me. Lessons learned the hard way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk