Strictly the 4x4 lowering thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I have been through this thread a few times, but from when it started to now it seems like things have changed quite a bit. I put the 3/5 Inez kit on my 4x4 RCSB. It rides great and look great as well. But I can't help but wish it was lower. I was DM-ing Wild One and he told me he removed the front dif and cv axels, I am not opposed to this. If I want to go lower that is what I am going to have to do. Has any one put 2 in drop spindles on a truck with the 3/5 Inez kit? Will my shock be too long? Would I have a rubbing issue if I kept the stock 20x8 wheels and went with a shorter tire (255/45/20 maybe?) I feel like there is still a lot of wheel gap and if I can got down to a 5/7 why not? Let me know your thoughts.

View attachment 468951
View attachment 468952
think it looks killer as is!

Cardsin2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
think it looks killer as is!
Thanks! I do like the way it looks, and it rides fantastic. But I would like it to be a little lower so I can have a sportier size of tire on there without it looking too small.

20210814-193635.jpg

Last edited:

Caleb333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update** i needed a new wheel bearing and sensor all good now.

Hello everyone im new so yeah. I just installed ihc 3/5 drop for 4x4 got it aglinment and now the truck wants yo rev up randomly when im cruising. Seems like something is dragging it or making it work a littl harder. Doesnt seem to be the e brake. Might be the cv angle. Any ideas? Any aftermarket cv for this? Can i "delete" them.
20211013_094303.jpg

Attachments

• 20211016_115646.jpg
    20211016_115646.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20211015_112803.jpg
    20211015_112803.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Cardsin2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have lowered the truck another 2 inches all the way around and had to remove the CV axels. Also put new Firehawk Indy 500s on it and the tires alone dropped the frame down another 2 inches. Still rides great.
20211017-190547.jpg

Caleb333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have lowered the truck another 2 inches all the way around and had to remove the CV axels. Also put new Firehawk Indy 500s on it and the tires alone dropped the frame down another 2 inches. Still rides great.
View attachment 475176
So you just drive around without the cv axles in? Is it your daily? And did you put anything in where the cv axles were?

Cardsin2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So you just drive around without the cv axles in? Is it your daily? And did you put anything in where the cv axles were?
It is not my daily. But yes I drive without the CV axles. There are sub shafts that stick out of the transfer case so there is no open hole into the case. Wild One gave me the idea after he told me he had removed his entire transfer case awhile back.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It is not my daily. But yes I drive without the CV axles. There are sub shafts that stick out of the transfer case so there is no open hole into the case. Wild One gave me the idea after he told me he had removed his entire transfer case awhile back.
I left the transfer case in place,but removed everything ahead of it,lol.Taking the transfer case out,would entail either swapping to the 2X4 transmissions tailshaft,which is easier said then done,or else swapping in a 2 wheel drives 8 speed,along with hunting up the corresponding 2 wheel drives driveshaft. I sort of pioneered the idea several years ago,but there's quite a few 4X4's running around now with-out the front driveshaft/front diff or CV axles,mostly lowered trucks or trucks that frequent the dragstrip fairly often. Pulling everything out is usually good for roughly a 2/10's drop in your 1/4 mile times,as turning the front Diff and CV axles absorbs a bit of horsepower ,especially on a lowered truck,as the CV's run in a constant bind when you drop the front of a 4X4

Cardsin2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I left the transfer case in place,but removed everything ahead of it,lol.Taking the transfer case out,would entail either swapping to the 2X4 transmissions tailshaft,which is easier said then done,or else swapping in a 2 wheel drives 8 speed,along with hunting up the corresponding 2 wheel drives driveshaft. I sort of pioneered the idea several years ago,but there's quite a few 4X4's running around now with-out the front driveshaft/front diff or CV axles,mostly lowered trucks or trucks that frequent the dragstrip fairly often. Pulling everything out is usually good for roughly a 2/10's drop in your 1/4 mile times,as turning the front Diff and CV axles absorbs a bit of horsepower ,especially on a lowered truck,as the CV's run in a constant bind when you drop the front of a 4X4
Yes my mistake I meant differential not transfer case. Thanks for the clarification.

rpmpest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm probably lower than most of you guys because I'm in Australia. I just put the Belltech 2/4 kit in mine last week, this is how it looks now. I'm looking for a way to sort out the front camber, going to try the Moog kit as I only need about 2 degrees adjustment to get it right.

Attachments

• 20211026_145447.jpg
    20211026_145447.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 18

Cardsin2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I'm probably lower than most of you guys because I'm in Australia. I just put the Belltech 2/4 kit in mine last week, this is how it looks now. I'm looking for a way to sort out the front camber, going to try the Moog kit as I only need about 2 degrees adjustment to get it right.
Looks great. I am quite happy with the Belltech kit. I only installed the adjustable struts in the front. I was surprised how normal the truck handled.

rpmpest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great. I am quite happy with the Belltech kit. I only installed the adjustable struts in the front. I was surprised how normal the truck handled.

Thanks, I actually wasnt expecting it to go as low - from the tonnes of research I did before i bought it (mostly here) I thought it would come down a bit, but not as much. The IHC kit looked good but i couldnt justify the extra cost and it wouldnt last long with the quality of roads where I am. That said, Ive never seen such a varied amount of outcomes - some guys love it, some guys hate it, some need relocation brackets and some dont. As it is I am going to need adjustable ball joints to correct a camber issue at the front but otherwise everything fitted well and is fine to drive.

Cardsin2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks, I actually wasnt expecting it to go as low - from the tonnes of research I did before i bought it (mostly here) I thought it would come down a bit, but not as much. The IHC kit looked good but i couldnt justify the extra cost and it wouldnt last long with the quality of roads where I am. That said, Ive never seen such a varied amount of outcomes - some guys love it, some guys hate it, some need relocation brackets and some dont. As it is I am going to need adjustable ball joints to correct a camber issue at the front but otherwise everything fitted well and is fine to drive.
I am running the front half of the Belltech kit in conjunction with the whole IHC 3/5 kit. The IHC kit can be a 5-7 inch drop in the rear depending how much you cut the rear springs, so I am sitting at 5/7 now. The Belltech is much cheaper.

Apbtk9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemdup
I’m really considering dropping my truck , however it’s 4x4 regular cab which doesn’t seem to have many options besides the ground force 9983 kit. Anybody know of anything else ??

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m really considering dropping my truck , however it’s 4x4 regular cab which doesn’t seem to have many options besides the ground force 9983 kit. Anybody know of anything else ??
I have the Ground Force kit,......I forget which part number.
But, it's the rear 2" drop with springs and shocks. Looks nice and level without going too low because of the winters here in MA.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You can do drop struts for the front,hunt on Ebay for them.IHC builds a couple kits to drop a 4X4 if you want to go real low.You can also use stock 2X4 spindles for roughly a 1" drop on the front. You can even use the 2X4's 2" drop spindles on a 4X4.The rear suspension is the same whether it's a 2X4 or 4X4,so any rear drop for a 2X4 will work on your 4X4.My little 4X4 uses 2X4 drop spindles on the front,and cut down factory 2X4 R/T springs on the rear.

Attachments

• DSCN5257 (2).JPG
    DSCN5257 (2).JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN5259 (2).JPG
    DSCN5259 (2).JPG
    382.3 KB · Views: 28