Stubby antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have stubby and works fine for local stuff. u can get the base from rock auto for 5 bucks. my stock antenna was ripped off by drive thru car wash. ripped it out bent opening n fender and cracked paint n a spot all the way to metal sub straight

stubby great idea if u use drive thru washes

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the stubby. Reception is not great here in NY. I get like 2 or 3 stations clearly. But I really don’t listen to regular radio. Basically bought the smaller antenna for working in the garage and the car wash.
ee711c6775393f0360d5da38682b8369.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought the Rydonair off of Amazon. Reception was no different from what I can tell. It currently resides under my rear seat. It just didnt look right to me. Anybody that wants it can have it. Why the hell didnt they just integrate it and get rid of it....

RAM DRVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Reception is great, I haven't noticed any change.

To get the ball end off, use some pliers and kinda work it back and forth while using a twisting motion, it's a press fit. Then I just determined the length I wanted, placed it in a vise and cut it with a common hacksaw. Next I sanded it down with sandpaper. Next I used a file to remove any burrs where i cut it and kinda file it to a taper, during the filing I would test to see if the ball would go on the end. Keep filing until you can twist it on with force. Then I just spray painted it semi flat black. I like it because it looks unmodified and performs as oem

^ This!

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Bought the Rydonair off of Amazon. Reception was no different from what I can tell. It currently resides under my rear seat. It just didnt look right to me. Anybody that wants it can have it. Why the hell didnt they just integrate it and get rid of it....

Pm sent

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 2500 4x4 C/C Off Road.

Gordinho80

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ll take it!!

Kimber45cdp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you can buy the base, they are cheap, part number
5064395AF

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5064395AF-...h=item3f73bf7767:g:PgkAAOSwXk9bmn~m:rk:2:pf:0

I took my stock antenna off, removed the ball on the end, cut it to my desired length, filed down the end, replaced ball on top and painted it black...freebie

If you want to buy one, shop around because some lose reception and some whistle
I seen your post and did this also. 2 minute mod. I havent painted it yet because of the cold weather but it still looks awesome. I made mine around 16" and didnt have to do any filing to get the ball back on. just lined it up and tapped it back on.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I seen your post and did this also. 2 minute mod. I havent painted it yet because of the cold weather but it still looks awesome. I made mine around 16" and didnt have to do any filing to get the ball back on. just lined it up and tapped it back on.

Hey that's great, nothing better than a free mod. It's so simple I hope others try it

Navy Six Zero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nothing like a "visual" aid to dissuade people from bothering you on the road...1500 HDX 2.jpg
Oh, and reception isn't too bad either...

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Have the 13" Xantenna in black from Amazon on both Rams. Works in Ca just as well as the factory fishing pole.