Stuck/Broken PCV valve - 07 Ram 1500 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

307fazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I was changing my PCV Valve on my 195k mile 07 1500 hemi and had a hell of a time. I couldn't get it to even turn, so I ran it for awhile, parked it, sprayed some PB Blaster around it and finally got it to twist and turn. Upon trying to pull it out after unlocking it, it snapped. So now I'm stuck with a PCV valve that I can not grab onto. What do I do? Is there a way to access it from underneath the cover and push it out?

What happens if I'm unable to get it fixed in time and need to drive it?

Thanks in advance!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Every 20 minute job is one broken bolt away to becoming 3 day ordeal.

I feel your pain.!

NavyEng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did te same thing just before a trip to Florida last week. I didn't have the time to work on it before leaving and noticed the occasion puff of black smoke from the exhaust on the trip down. Once I got there, I was able to remove the copper plug from the broken valve with a small set of bent nose pliers and use a #5 extractor (EZ out) to get the broken tube out of the housing. All in all it took about 5 minutes.

I did run some Cataclean through it afterwards and never experienced the black smoke since.

Attachments

• 20220324_143415.jpg
    20220324_143415.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 11

strexx99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did te same thing just before a trip to Florida last week. I didn't have the time to work on it before leaving and noticed the occasion puff of black smoke from the exhaust on the trip down. Once I got there, I was able to remove the copper plug from the broken valve with a small set of bent nose pliers and use a #5 extractor (EZ out) to get the broken tube out of the housing. All in all it took about 5 minutes.

I did run some Cataclean through it afterwards and never experienced the black smoke since.

strexx99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How was you able to get a drill in there to use an easy out? My 08 I don't have room