Stuck in Aero mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bouffi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If I select aero mode in my setting, the truck adjust to it (lowers front end) regardless if I'm going over 60MPH. When I remove the selection, it goes to normal.

Anyone else had this issue prior to me bringing to dealership?

Thank you,

E.

OP
OP
B

Bouffi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yep, when I do that, it always stays in aero mode, even if parked. In my 2014 limited, it's always in normal then, when I got to 65 mph, it would get in aero mode.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Save potential embarrassment at dealer; Read owners manual. My bet is it is designed to do that when Aero is selected.

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'm not sure precisely what position you're putting the Ride Height to when you're removing the Aero Mode selection.

If you're moving it up one position, it's going to Normal Mode, which is the position above Aero Mode.

I'll explain how my Air Suspension System works:

There are Five (5) positions.
Off Road 2
Off Road 1
Normal
Aero
Entry/Exit Loading

Aero Mode is activated once the vehicle reaches a specific speed (I forget what that speed is), and will return to Normal Mode when it slows down below that speed.

So the same applies if I start the car in Normal Mode, then lower it manually to Aero Mode even though I'm not at speed. It will stay there throughout my trip unless I reached speed that would have activated Aero Mode, and then slowed enough to not benefit from Aero Mode. The same applies whether I've activated Aero Mode manually or not.

My experience is no matter what Ride Height I put it at, it will default to Normal Mode at some speeds, or Aero Mode at faster speeds ... yet always return to Normal Mode when driving at normal Suburban Neighborhood speeds.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
B

Bouffi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yes, but on the dashboard next to speedo, it would move from normal to aero and back to normal when I drive slow. In my case, it always says aero. Does yours do that? Little orange light changes when in aero? I would expect normal at 25 mph, then AERO when I get on highway

KC Kevin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm not sure precisely what position you're putting the Ride Height to when you're removing the Aero Mode selection.

If you're moving it up one position, it's going to Normal Mode, which is the position above Aero Mode.

I'll explain how my Air Suspension System works:

There are Five (5) positions.
Off Road 2
Off Road 1
Normal
Aero
Entry/Exit Loading

Aero Mode is activated once the vehicle reaches a specific speed (I forget what that speed is), and will return to Normal Mode when it slows down below that speed.

So the same applies if I start the car in Normal Mode, then lower it manually to Aero Mode even though I'm not at speed. It will stay there throughout my trip unless I reached speed that would have activated Aero Mode, and then slowed enough to not benefit from Aero Mode. The same applies whether I've activated Aero Mode manually or not.

My experience is no matter what Ride Height I put it at, it will default to Normal Mode at some speeds, or Aero Mode at faster speeds ... yet always return to Normal Mode when driving at normal Suburban Neighborhood speeds.

Hope that helps.
sounds identical to my truck.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You are forgetting a couple positions

Jack Mode & Shipping mode

If you accidently put it in either of those