Stuck on install, need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm adding an amp to power my highs. I ordered a plug and play netaudio harness with capacitors installed that I should in theory hook up wires to and be done (instead of splicing the OEM harness). Problem is, my head unit will not power on. I am getting power through the connector to the head unit. If I unplug the netaudio harness and plug the head unit back into the oem harness everything powers up fine. Thoughts?

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just a shot in the dark, is the ground on the new harness in good shape too?

OP
OP
Mike77

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a shot in the dark, is the ground on the new harness in good shape too?
Yes. I couldn't figure it out so I cannibalized the harness for the resistors and just spliced into the oem. Up and running now. No idea what the issue was.

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes. I couldn't figure it out so I cannibalized the harness for the resistors and just spliced into the oem. Up and running now. No idea what the issue was.
Glad to hear everything is working. Yeah I was racking my head and couldn't figure it out.

BuggyMasters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s kinda bogus when the whole,reason to buy the harness was so you didn’t have to tear into the OEM. It seems typical now a days.

OP
OP
Mike77

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s kinda bogus when the whole,reason to buy the harness was so you didn’t have to tear into the OEM. It seems typical now a days.
Agreed. I was too far into it to try to resolve it via phone and wait for a new one to be mailed to me. I had all leads soldered in and everything good to go, the radio just would not power on through their harness. Sucks I hacked up the $80 harness AND my OEM harness (which I wasn't wanting to do in the first place) but at that point I just wanted to be done with the project.

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Agreed. I was too far into it to try to resolve it via phone and wait for a new one to be mailed to me. I had all leads soldered in and everything good to go, the radio just would not power on through their harness. Sucks I hacked up the $80 harness AND my OEM harness (which I wasn't wanting to do in the first place) but at that point I just wanted to be done with the project.
I totally get that feeling. Long day and just exhausted. Sick of troubleshooting and just want it done and over with and working. I'm definitely guilty of finishing projects like that