Stumped - CV Axle angle looks too far forward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
I cannot for the life of me figure out why my CV Axles are moved forward near the knuckle, any ideas?
I had the dealership install a new front diff because my old one passenger stub went bad and had no time to wait for part , so I'm wondering if they installed the brackets incorrect... But looking at my Zone Offroad 6" manual, it all looks correct.
Only thing I can think of is that my lower controls arms are the wrong ones because those are the last parts installed

I made a youtube video:

**Edit: I confirmed with another vehicle at another dealership with the same lift that the angles are correct. Seems like when you go 4 - 6" lift to keep the wheel centered in the wheel well that the knuckles had to be moved forward a bit causing the CV axles to have a horizontal shift forward.
I do have the extended Fox Coilover shocks 883-06-073 and have adjusted the height to be a bit taller to match my extended rear with Airbags filled so I can have the lifted leveled look.

PXL_20220728_202152352.jpgPXL_20220728_202206123.jpg

PXL_20220728_202133249.jpg

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I cannot for the life of me figure out why my CV Axles are moved forward near the knuckle, any ideas?
I had the dealership install a new front diff because my old one passenger stub went bad and had no time to wait for part , so I'm wondering if they installed the brackets incorrect... But looking at my Zone Offroad 6" manual, it all looks correct.
Only thing I can think of is that my lower controls arms are the wrong ones because those are the last parts installed

I made a youtube video:

View attachment 499065View attachment 499066

View attachment 499064
Did the dealer claim to do an alignment? I would start there

OP
OP
LumberJakl

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
Did the dealer claim to do an alignment? I would start there

They have, yes but this was about a 2 years ago.

Anyone with a 6" Lift can take a picture inside their wheel well and see how your CV axle align?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You should take a close look at your ABS sensor wiring,as it looks chewed up,the front brake hose is looking a bit worse for wear to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LumberJakl

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
Can you share pictures of you lower cam bolts for the lower cv.

Not sure what you mean there, but I'm guessing the cam bolts for the lower control arms?

PXL_20220731_010804552.jpgPXL_20220731_010823322.jpg

You should take a close look at your ABS sensor wiring,as it looks chewed up,the front brake hose is looking a bit worse for wear to.
It's still all good, there is CV grease all over cause the boots torn apart. There isn't any fray or stress in the lines when I doubled checked now.

OP
OP
LumberJakl

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
Well, today I visit my local dealer and luckily there was another truck with the same lift that I took a peak and it's exactly the same way.
So, never mind then lol