Stupid truck Question of the day...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Hookie, respectfully. I live in Central Ca. We get "tule fog" from Dec thru Feb. Nasty stuff. Some years you can not see your hood. When we moved up here I had to learn about this ****. It turns out the DMV code specifically forbids driving in fog with your high beam on. The guys are giving you good information. The first thing I did to help my wife see in her 69 Firebird, was put in fog lights and show her why you only us the low beam in the head lights. Hope we are helping you.

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I live in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky. We also have fog so bad you can't see past your hood sometimes. but my post really didn't have anything to do with fog. Imagine if it were a clear night. When It gets dark my lights automatically come on. head lights (on low beam) and fog lights.

I'm not dumb enough to have my head lights on high when its foggy. It was just a dumb question. But i guess the answer is, Its The Law.

Thanks guys, at least its been a good conversation.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I should’ve changed the thread to read “post your stupid question of the day”.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road
I've have a stupid question that is killing me. When I use the windshield washer system; Why is the first action of the washer system a full dry stroke with the wiper blade followed by the spray of the washer fluid?
The dry stroke makes me cringe, everytime. Is it just my truck or all of 'em?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've have a stupid question that is killing me. When I use the windshield washer system; Why is the first action of the washer system a full dry stroke with the wiper blade followed by the spray of the washer fluid?

Light push is just a wiper sweep, ( mist feature) , push harder and it should spray faster.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

They’re all like that.
1-The electric system is faster than the pump pushing the fluid.
2-The lines don’t hold the fluids because there’s not a check valve to keep it from siphoning back into the tank.
3- By not keeping the fluid in the hoses it can’t freeze and break the rubber hose’s

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I live in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky. We also have fog so bad you can't see past your hood sometimes. but my post really didn't have anything to do with fog. Imagine if it were a clear night. When It gets dark my lights automatically come on. head lights (on low beam) and fog lights.

I'm not dumb enough to have my head lights on high when its foggy. It was just a dumb question. But i guess the answer is, Its The Law.

Thanks guys, at least its been a good conversation.

Keep the conversation coming. We may never know what we might learn because we’re all from different parts of the country. And a new friendship is something fun.

Chrisg86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I have one do they make a different plastic cap that covers the top bolt that holds on the trailer hitch? I just put the hitch on and the cap snaps down but its warped like a hard bump and its gone

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have one do they make a different plastic cap that covers the top bolt that holds on the trailer hitch? I just put the hitch on and the cap snaps down but its warped like a hard bump and its gone

Ya got a pic of the location your talkin bout

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

I know what you are talking about. Mine was like that also. You can get replacements. I'll try to find where i bought mine.

Try this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2018-...=item486c04f5f9:g:MxwAAOSwOgdYtGZI:rk:34:pf:0

or go to ebay and put this in the search

ram Rear Bumper Step Pad Towing Ball PLUG

Last edited:

Chrisg86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Yep that's what I was hunting just gotta find one that fits the curt hitch

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
They’re all like that.
1-The electric system is faster than the pump pushing the fluid.
2-The lines don’t hold the fluids because there’s not a check valve to keep it from siphoning back into the tank.
3- By not keeping the fluid in the hoses it can’t freeze and break the rubber hose’s

Thanks for feedback fella's, All very valid points. I'm thinking a 1-1.5s delay (whatever delay deemed appropriate) applied to the wiper motor start would handle things quite well, ya?
@BlkZrx I'm going try some button-pushing magic, I'm always surprised at how many different functions a button can have these days depending on how it's pushed, I have expectations now. I might even get crazy and dbl click that badboy (If no one's looking), lol.
Thanks again

Last edited:
OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Time to revive this thread.
I figured there would be a 1000 posts by now.

Blue Mule