Sub box behind center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going to run a 1500 series And they were going to put it in a ported box. So if I go with a sealed box, the box should be shorter?

Could raise the seat a hair, then extend the port towards the rear of cab, it would go under the seat. This could keep your box small and still be ported.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I was going to run a 1500 series And they were going to put it in a ported box. So if I go with a sealed box, the box should be shorter?
sealed generally requires less internal volume (check to see if the 1500 series does well in a sealed box) so yes, you can make the box shorter...just make sure the box has the correct internal air space for the sub....I am very surprised your local shop didn't give you more options when you told them you didn't want a tower

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sealed generally requires less internal volume (check to see if the 1500 series does well in a sealed box) so yes, you can make the box shorter...just make sure the box has the correct internal air space for the sub....I am very surprised your local shop didn't give you more options when you told them you didn't want a tower

According to the shop which I have done business with for years, they gave me an option to put it under the seat with two comp r’S or make a console setup. I don’t really like either of those options but I am really wanting some good sound in the truck. At this point not sure if I’m going to go the net audio route or fox acoustics. I know those are both under the seat but from my understanding they can handle a alpine type R.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can’t speak to the Fox, but the Net Audio box is extremely well built and handles my 12W6V3 with ease. If you email them and tell him what you’re thinking he will tell you what will work.

That being said, the best bass I have ever had in a truck was a down firing center console JL box.

Hemidog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was running a sealed box from best buy, trapezoidal shaped, that will fit right behind the rear console in a crew cab. has 1.2 cft, and is for a 12. Comes with black carpet, but I covered mine in a taupe felt that looked really good. was running an infinity kappa 120.9. sounded real good. About $60.00 dollars from BestBuy....

Hemidog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I currently am running the net audio dual 12 "tall" box under the seat, with 2 Rockford fosgate P3D2,s. The box is fiberglass, and well constructed. They can basically get whatever color carpet you want. Sounds really good. Comes with spacers for the rear seat, so you don't lose the passenger space.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Can’t speak to the Fox, but the Net Audio box is extremely well built and handles my 12W6V3 with ease. If you email them and tell him what you’re thinking he will tell you what will work.

That being said, the best bass I have ever had in a truck was a down firing center console JL box.[/QUOT
Man, I have tried so many different sub set ups in trucks over the years, and you're right....across the board down fire is the way to go in a truck. Tough to make happen sometimes...especially with larger subs.