Subwoofer removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stuffpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Will it impact the sound a lot if I remove it. I hate that I loose my 60% storage under the rear seat. Has anyone removed it. How bad did it impact acoustics.
Thanks

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
I posted this same question on the forum some time ago. My reason being the same as yours. The one reply that stood out to me was, " not everyone requires a subwoofer".
I have not removed mine yet but most likely will. I have some high frequency rearing loss so the low's seem accentuated to me anyway.
It is a pretty simple procedure in my 2017 so if I don't like the results I can always put it back to original.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Will it impact the sound a lot if I remove it. I hate that I loose my 60% storage under the rear seat. Has anyone removed it. How bad did it impact acoustics.
Thanks
Honestly most of the bass on the stock system comes from the door speakers. Just unplug the sub and see for yourself. I went the opposite direction and just filled all the under seat storage with subs, but clearly that's not for you. Pretty sure you have to pull the box out to unplug it, but feel around and you might get lucky. There is a fair bit of slack in the wiring.

OP
OP
S

Stuffpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Oh I’d love the sound. Just not at the cost of the storage. Lol

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If its the alpine system. It should be a few screws and a simple unplug. The HK sub isnt under the seat so im assuming you have alpine?

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Yeah, you can yank the sub and put in some decent 6x9's in the doors to get most, if not all of the bass back.

Stock sub is pretty weak.