Sun Visor Sticker Removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Stupid question. That obnoxious sticker on the sun visors both drivers and passenger side, is that removable? Almost seems like it’s a peelable sticker, but was unable to really grasp it. Also not sure if it’s “required” by stupid state laws.

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mine were removed by the dealership before I ever even looked at my truck, so hopefully its not a "required" thing lol. That being said they did a terrible job on one of the them and left some of the residue behind when I get back I plan on using a straight razor to try and scrape what is remaining off. If that doesn't work then I will try adding a little heat to them.

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Hah right I’m not sure. And wow gotta love car techs. That’s a good idea I should break out the heat gun and remove.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine were removed by the dealership before I ever even looked at my truck, so hopefully its not a "required" thing lol. That being said they did a terrible job on one of the them and left some of the residue behind when I get back I plan on using a straight razor to try and scrape what is remaining off. If that doesn't work then I will try adding a little heat to them.
Not required, and alcohol should work. Just be careful with the straight razor after you've finished off the alcohol.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

Can you get a picture?

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Just leave it alone guys. Mines ruined and no idea how much or how to remove install and get a new one. I can’t ever win.

308f6a04dcf6c8cc29be56a8807d6dd9.jpg

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Just leave it alone guys. Mines ruined and no idea how much or how to remove install and get a new one. I can’t ever win.

308f6a04dcf6c8cc29be56a8807d6dd9.jpg

Awww beat.... did you burn through it with the heat gun? Sorry brother

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Yep. Just got it off though. Fucken heat gun wasn’t warming up THEN it finally shoots up smh. I did get it off though since I was so pissed had to remove it at least and I guess maybe black tape or black marker over it. Here it is so far

8b68e54c03569de310252e236f1c8273.jpg

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Seeing your headliner, visors and a-pillars makes me want to convert to all black so much more! I wish ram would have done that on all the 4 gens. Nice work around on the visor can't even tell it was damaged

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You can probably get an aftermarket dummy / silly one on eBay instead of trying to rip that one off.

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
I read mine every time I get in, just to make the lawyers, safety engineers bean counter's happy. Alcohol does work,to remove them.... from my line of sight. I don't even notice them anymore.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Started looking it up looks like between $80-120 without finding the black one yet but this is my solution I’ll live with:

04e0387c011f96fe8fd1fbf312911032.jpg

c3feea30fed7d8040da17e7e2eb13e8b.jpg

Ahhh strategically placed. Nice move sir!!! Good save

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Haha thanks guys! Yea the yellow was just starting to drive me crazy throwing off the black and blue two tone throughout. Guess this is first world problems for ya hah.

Right, now if God forbid an accident happens and the cops at my driver side window and realizes it’s gone he could throw the book at me [emoji23]

Or maybe I just voided my warranty? [emoji23]

I used rubbing alcohol and goo-gone on a microfiber cloth and went to town scrubbing the hell out of it. Initially tried the razor but it wasn’t working at all. Maybe it’s time to buy a reliable heat gun now since this one has a mind of its own. Threw some tape over the hole and inside before the shades covered it up just to play it safe even though I won’t have any further issue with it.

Sometimes you just gotta make the best of a bad situation. Was completely blown in every way and couldn’t find a solution, then it hit me and this’ll do it! Funny thing is I’ve been meaning to move the shades to drivers side because of windshield sunshade and the old lady hitting it sometimes; guess this was the excuse I needed!! Ha