Sunroof leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laramie17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Brand new ram (less than 4500km)
And roof leaking and dripping through the Bluetooth mic
And map lights,
Everything seems ok from outside

Taking appointment with dealer this week

Anyone experienced that problem?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
My 2016 (built in Oct, 2015) had a recall for sunroofs leaking. Cause was bad gaskets. They replaced the sunroof.

autumnwalker

Reaction score
My 2015 leaked when it was new - less than 10,000 km on it. Dealer claimed it was clogged despite it being parked in a fully paved subdivision with no trees anywhere near my driveway.

DarkShadow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Mine was leaking when I first bought it. Took it to dealers and both front drain tubes for the sunroof were crimped. Dealer said there was a lot of the trucks like that. They said they would have been crimped while building the truck. Just for info there is 4 drain tubes one in each corner.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Oh crap!

Gotta be sunroof related given the area effected and like said, the most common thing there is plugged drain tubes. Next being seals for the sunroof.

Dealer should be able to clean up that headliner for you. I'd honestly prefer that method rather than have them touch/disturb more parts.