Super Charging 2500 6.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljones135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi e-Torque
UPDATE: Here are the dyno sheets.
They're currently trying to figure out why the dash lights won't turn off. Strange thing to have happen when the PCM has been cracked for engine tuning. LOL!

Attachments

• 2020 DODGE RAM 2500 6.4 BLACK BASELINE 309HP.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 2020 DODGE RAM 2500 6.4 BLACK D1SC 3.10 PULLEY 6PSI 421HP.pdf
    38.7 KB · Views: 23

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Interesting curve. Is that the final tune or are they still working on it? You must be excited to get it back at this point!

ljones135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi e-Torque
Viking,

Yes!! Really excited to get it back. As far as I know that's what the final numbers are. Walt Sipp said the boost the system makes is between 5.5 and 6.5 PSI. I'm comfortable adding 111 hp to the wheels. I could add headers or a more free flowing exhaust, which may come but I'd rather see just what she does after the Procharger.

ljones135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi e-Torque
Another update:
I got the Power Wagon back last Wednesday and all I can say is WOW!! Noise is minimal, gas mileage is okay, if you can keep your foot off the floor, that's harder than it sounds. Flooring the pedal at highway speeds is the most fun. The SC really woke that 392 up. The whine is really quite noticeable at highway speeds as is the acceleration. It does have a couple of issues that Procharger is currently working on. The truck lurches forward when shifting from reverse to drive and the idle fluctuates. On the whole though, if I had known that having a super charged vehicle was going to be so much fun, I'd have done it sooner.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome! Congrats!

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Another update:
I got the Power Wagon back last Wednesday and all I can say is WOW!! Noise is minimal, gas mileage is okay, if you can keep your foot off the floor, that's harder than it sounds. Flooring the pedal at highway speeds is the most fun. The SC really woke that 392 up. The whine is really quite noticeable at highway speeds as is the acceleration. It does have a couple of issues that Procharger is currently working on. The truck lurches forward when shifting from reverse to drive and the idle fluctuates. On the whole though, if I had known that having a super charged vehicle was going to be so much fun, I'd have done it sooner.

That's awesome! How loud if the whine when just cruising and not on boost? What RPM do you start to feel boost/gains?

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it just a super charger, or are there other mods?? Sorry, I've been a cummins guy my whole life. This is my first 6.4 and I'm trying to learn.

ljones135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi e-Torque
KKBB and Viking,

The only drivetrain mod is the Procharger SC. It produces 5.3lb of boost. You can hear the gearset at idle, it's not annoying but noticeable. The whine/whistle is easily heard at WOT and pretty quiet when not hammering the throttle. Acceleration is vastly improved, not that it was bad before but add 111hp to the rear wheels of any vehicle....I thought that the Power Wagon was awesome prior to the SC but now it's over the top. I'm looking forward to hooking our Can Am trailer to the Power Wagon and seeing the difference in towing.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Report back when you get to tow with it...I always loved the sound of the turbo screaming in all of my cummins equipped trucks!!