Supercharged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Didn’t mean to confuse anyone.My 2 yr Z06 project made me start modding the ram out of boredom

Know the feeling, I got a 68 mustang that’s taken longer than I liked. Started throwing more money at the truck instead.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Know the feeling, I got a 68 mustang that’s taken longer than I liked. Started throwing more money at the truck instead.
Exactly,and I’ve had more fun with the procharger kit my friend and I installed in 10 hrs then the countless hours and dollars I’ve sunk into the vette.

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still waiting for the new cam from Comp Cam. It has been on order for 2 months allegedly and still 2 weeks out. I was told there is a huge shortage of raw cams / blanks in the US. Has anyone else heard of this? I asked if we can go with another brand and they all are experiencing a shortage nationally. Can't find this news on any board so I find this strange. You guys hear about this????

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still waiting for the new cam from Comp Cam. It has been on order for 2 months allegedly and still 2 weeks out. I was told there is a huge shortage of raw cams / blanks in the US. Has anyone else heard of this? I asked if we can go with another brand and they all are experiencing a shortage nationally. Can't find this news on any board so I find this strange. You guys hear about this????

Texas Speed and Performance has some vct Hemi cams in stock. You could give them a shout and see if they have something that might work.

What are the specs of the cam you are waiting on?

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 days ago I was told Comp Cams has the cores from China and my cam is stamped for grinding, and will get done shortly. To date still no shipping/tracking info.

This is over 2 months waiting for Comp Cams to manufacturer a custom grind on a cam. Ummmm....seems excessive but maybe I'm just 'needy'.

Going to name my truck Eleanor.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still working out the bugs. Thinking deliverly next week.

New Corsa exhaust coming Monday. Here is a video of ARH long tubes with no cats and magnaflow exhaust.

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We are getting a weird clicking sound that is completely random. It sounds like the A/C compressor clicking off/on but they said no. They had multiple techs listen and they can't figure out where the noise is coming from. Owner said there is a very slight possibility of it being a lifter going bad which I don't believe. These are all new Hellcat lifters but of course one could be bad. However, if it were bad it would probably be more repetitive not random.

Anyways...listen to the video and give your suggestions. I suggested to either disconnect wire to compressor or take belt off completely. Will find out in a day or two. Curious what you guys come up with.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The belt seems to flap quite a bit. The clicking almost seems to go in time with the belt visibly flapping. Have they pulled the belt off and ran it to see if the noise goes away? That would tell you if it’s engine or accessory drive related.

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pulled belt and still made sound. Pulled motor. Will find out tomorrow. Truck is cursed.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Pulled belt and still made sound. Pulled motor. Will find out tomorrow. Truck is cursed.

That’s awful man. I feel awful for you, I know how gutted I was when I put a rod through the block of mine. You just seem to have nothing but trouble. At least it seems like the shop is trying to take care of everything. Just unfortunate that this is how the game goes sometimes when you modify vehicles.

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oil squirtter was just touching the rod and/or piston skirt. It was close but they thought they would work with the longer stroke crank. They don't. Replacing all bearings as a precaution. 2 to 3 weeks.

Back to the waiting game, but very happy he made the right call on tearing motor back apart as this would have been catastrophic.

2020-08-28_17-53-49.jpg

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Latest update - lifter was getting stuck in the bore. This sounds more like the noise you can hear in the above video, and not the claimed oil squirter issue. If the squirter was going to hit it would for each revolution and not just random like that, and not so pronounced.

Lifter getting held up and then slamming against cam - yes. I see that. Not the squirter. Listen to the video and tell me what you think.

Last edited:

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
Yeah.
A lifter failure is what killed my 5.7 good thing you caught it.

Ram 1970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It does sound like metal striking metal. A lifter could be getting stuck, but I never came across one that got stuck in a newer engine to the point it slid slowly back down onto the camshaft. But.....I never ran roller lifters also.

They are certain the noise is coming from inside the engine block?

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally got to drive the truck today. Still working out a number of bugs with HP Tuners and their software but wow...truck is a complete animal. The Trackhawk was a pussycat compared to this thing. It is just raw in-your-face power. Will post some video when I get the truck back of some street pulls and of course the dyno (which should be done end of this week).

Here is a video of the new Corsa exhaust. I like it. Quieter around town if you keep your foot out of it but loud as hell when you get on it. Absolutely NO DRONE. Love it! :)

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Finally got to drive the truck today. Still working out a number of bugs with HP Tuners and their software but wow...truck is a complete animal. The Trackhawk was a pussycat compared to this thing. It is just raw in-your-face power. Will post some video when I get the truck back of some street pulls and of course the dyno (which should be done end of this week).

Here is a video of the new Corsa exhaust. I like it. Quieter around town if you keep your foot out of it but loud as hell when you get on it. Absolutely NO DRONE. Love it! :)

Sounds awesome man, hopefully it will be all good soon. Hope to see some videos with some good pulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.