Supercharged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
I'm at that point now. This was my daily driver.....but hasnt been since March.
I feel your pain. Mines been down for 5 months. My neighbor asked why I sold my truck...:emotions34:

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
Ya that’s what I’ve heard. I’d like to put a paramount 8 speed in but I’m puting most my extra money and effort into my project car, so the daily unfortunately has to stay the way it is lol.
I went with Hell Raiser. They did the transmission and transfer case. I like those 4wd launches.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I feel your pain. Mines been down for 5 months. My neighbor asked why I sold my truck...:emotions34:

Ouch. Mine was down for about 2 months when my motor self disassembled itself.

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't get the truck. :(

They were able to fix TQ management kicking in at part throttle but now the TCM is pulling fuel at WOT which as you know is very bad. One hurdle after the next. What a tuning nightmare.

I've seen so many hemi's that this guy has built/tuned and they are monsters. As an IT guy I have a hard time understanding why he's having such a hard time with the RAM, but from what I've been told these new 19+ RAMs are very different from previous and no one has a meaningful tune on these. TQ management is something that has been a struggle with these for a while. HP tuners is involved to unlock or address other tables that were not available to modify initially. So - if you have a RAM and use HP Tuners for unlocking and tuning.....get ready for some tuning hurdles. Then again everything we are going through can be used to help the next guy so here is to paving new roads. Cheers! LOL

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He just called. Going to get truck now. We shall see. will give update later today. Sorry for back and forth....just excited. its been one hell of a road. lol

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Crossing my fingers for ya. Seems weird if they have that much hemi experience that they’re having a hard time with it. I’m fairly certain tuning wise nothings really changed from the DS body to the DT. Still the same engine.

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't get the truck. :(

They were able to fix TQ management kicking in at part throttle but now the TCM is pulling fuel at WOT which as you know is very bad. One hurdle after the next. What a tuning nightmare.

I've seen so many hemi's that this guy has built/tuned and they are monsters. As an IT guy I have a hard time understanding why he's having such a hard time with the RAM, but from what I've been told these new 19+ RAMs are very different from previous and no one has a meaningful tune on these. TQ management is something that has been a struggle with these for a while. HP tuners is involved to unlock or address other tables that were not available to modify initially. So - if you have a RAM and use HP Tuners for unlocking and tuning.....get ready for some tuning hurdles. Then again everything we are going through can be used to help the next guy so here is to paving new roads. Cheers! LOL

Oh man this sux i remember when you had a fueling problem the first time and u said the injector O rings were pushed out.. I knew you had a tuning problem.. I ask you who tuned it..

id love to take a look at your tune maybe you could upload it to hptuners

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tune Time Performance in Lakewood, NJ is the tuner and engine builder. Frustration aside, from the delays, part mfg issues and other crap, they did follow through on their promise, and that is we/they stand behind their work and will make it right. They rebuilt the motor (twice) on their dime. Not many shops would do that so my hat is off to Matt and the whole team at TTP.

Now - still have some drivability issues going on but overall it runs extremely strong. ECM still crashes randomly so we have another ECM on order from HP Tuners. For whatever reason the ECM loses communication with the truck and things start failing (ABS brakes, transmission, suspension, etc) which triggers lost communication codes. We looked at all the connections we can (fuse panel, box, ecm, harness, etc) and things are good. This issue started back in February/March when we first got the unlocked ECM back from HP Tuners. So - we are hoping this solves it because we are at a loss to why its happening. They've had bad unlocked ECM's in the past so it is plausible. Will find out next week.

Gone - I appreciate your offer to take a look at the tune but out of respect of my tuning guy I'd prefer not bringing anyone else into the mix. :) Not sure if you read all the posts but the o-ring issue was not because of the tune. Valve retainers manufactured by Comp Cams failed which dropped a valve followed by pieces of the valve being pushed into the intake forcing up the fuel injector and bending the fuel rail exposing the o-ring causing the fuel leak.

Its fast and seems to pull harder once the RPMs get into the CAM's sweet spot. WOT throttle tuning is not completely done yet. Scheduled for next week along with Dyno. Waiting for the new ECM. Until then I'm driving and logging stuff for the tuner.

Here is a slow roll into full throttle uphill on an on-ramp, and then a fuel cut-off at 105mph. LOL

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
...fuel cut-off at 105mph.

Is that a stock thing? Or something you or the tuner did? A hemi Ram with supercharger should have roughly the same power/weight ratio as my 2006 Boxster, which has a top speed of 167 MPH. Of course, the Ram has a slightly less aerodynamically efficient shape, but still...

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is that a stock thing? Or something you or the tuner did? A hemi Ram with supercharger should have roughly the same power/weight ratio as my 2006 Boxster, which has a top speed of 167 MPH. Of course, the Ram has a slightly less aerodynamically efficient shape, but still...

Oh it's not drag limited at 105. I had my Trackhawk up to 150 and change where it was still pulling. If I had to guess the truck can do the same or slightly less considering the hp/tq difference. I wouldn't want to though especially with the low speed rated tires and 2 piece driveshaft.

I downloaded the tune and compared to stock 2019 tune, and they both are set to 105. It appears to be a stock setting. I thought it was 112 or 118???? Weird.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Oh it's not drag limited at 105. I had my Trackhawk up to 150 and change where it was still pulling. If I had to guess the truck can do the same or slightly less considering the hp/tq difference. I wouldn't want to though especially with the low speed rated tires and 2 piece driveshaft.

I downloaded the tune and compared to stock 2019 tune, and they both are set to 105. It appears to be a stock setting. I thought it was 112 or 118???? Weird.

Ya speed limiter is right around 105. They should remove that since it’s gonna make dyno tuning pretty hard since you need to be in 6th gear.

Looks good though, should haul pretty good by the time it’s done.

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tune Time Performance in Lakewood, NJ is the tuner and engine builder. Frustration aside, from the delays, part mfg issues and other crap, they did follow through on their promise, and that is we/they stand behind their work and will make it right. They rebuilt the motor (twice) on their dime. Not many shops would do that so my hat is off to Matt and the whole team at TTP.

Now - still have some drivability issues going on but overall it runs extremely strong. ECM still crashes randomly so we have another ECM on order from HP Tuners. For whatever reason the ECM loses communication with the truck and things start failing (ABS brakes, transmission, suspension, etc) which triggers lost communication codes. We looked at all the connections we can (fuse panel, box, ecm, harness, etc) and things are good. This issue started back in February/March when we first got the unlocked ECM back from HP Tuners. So - we are hoping this solves it because we are at a loss to why its happening. They've had bad unlocked ECM's in the past so it is plausible. Will find out next week.

Gone - I appreciate your offer to take a look at the tune but out of respect of my tuning guy I'd prefer not bringing anyone else into the mix. :) Not sure if you read all the posts but the o-ring issue was not because of the tune. Valve retainers manufactured by Comp Cams failed which dropped a valve followed by pieces of the valve being pushed into the intake forcing up the fuel injector and bending the fuel rail exposing the o-ring causing the fuel leak.

Its fast and seems to pull harder once the RPMs get into the CAM's sweet spot. WOT throttle tuning is not completely done yet. Scheduled for next week along with Dyno. Waiting for the new ECM. Until then I'm driving and logging stuff for the tuner.

Here is a slow roll into full throttle uphill on an on-ramp, and then a fuel cut-off at 105mph. LOL

feel your pain man thats just bad luck .Hope all is good now and u finally get to enjoy this beast..

i had a similar problem few years ago when i was new to hptuners.. was learning and playing around with the tune in my silverado changed a few things i didnt understand lol... truck drove normal then i got a flashing check engine light then truck just died and locked up.. turned out the injector got stuck open flooded the chamber and the crazy pressure pushed out the injector broke the rail bent the piston rod and broke the crank in half hahaha shi was crazy to look at..

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That sucks. I've heard injectors getting stuck on diesels but never a gas motor. Best to just take advantage of the opportunity and rebuild bigger and better, and it sounds like you did that. :)

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going back today to swap out the PCM with a new one from HP Tuners. We are hoping this fixes the PCM from crashing randomly losing CAN bus devices and shutting truck down. It wasn't too safe on the highway when the motor just stops and you need to get over to the emergency lane when a semi is next to you.

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I swear Ram has the worst ever connector to pcm i have ever seen they are cheap poorly designed POS .. its a freaking nightmare to swap the pcm..

i have to get a screwdriver and a small hammer each connector has two Plastic locking tabs on the sides i put a screwdriver on the tab and i hammer up to snug them really tight on to pcm , Hammer down on the tabs to release from pcm.. if there not on really really tight i get codes and a no bus message and no start its a fu nightmare

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
I swear Ram has the worst ever connector to pcm i have ever seen they are cheap poorly designed POS .. its a freaking nightmare to swap the pcm..

i have to get a screwdriver and a small hammer each connector has two Plastic locking tabs on the sides i put a screwdriver on the tab and i hammer up to snug them really tight on to pcm , Hammer down on the tabs to release from pcm.. if there not on really really tight i get codes and a no bus message and no start its a fu nightmare

I broke mine. :flame:

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cheap parts made in cheap countries and then shipped to US and sold for high prices. Sad.

Anyways, PCM swap went well but didn't fix the issue. Drivability is much better but doubt that has anything to do with the PCM swap other than flushing adaptives. Tune is the same file.

We are leaning towards the TIPM module. I hate taking guesses at this stuff as does my tuner dude, but we are at a loss here. No codes to go by other then lose of communication from the CAN bus going down, and its always a different module that loses communication.

Other than that the truck runs incredible. Today was the first day with rain and even in 4wd auto she slips. LOL

Scheduled for a drive-with-the-tuner next week to tweak a few things and then WOT fine tuning with a dyno day to see what she puts down.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Get them to check the star connectors if they’re having communication issues. Make sure none of the connectors are loose.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Not good to hear. The PCM on my 4th gen was a breeze to swap. Only tool needed was a 10mm(?) socket and ratchet.

Status
Not open for further replies.