SuperLift 4" Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ditching the primary spacer and filling up the gap up with a performance coilover should not be the reason to step up to race shocks. Not saying somebody won't do it just because, but it should be because they want/need the offroad performance they can offer. The difference is day and night with a mid travel setup and race shocks against a mid travel setup anything that runs standard shocks. Not for everybody i'll agree 100% when you factor the cost, but really there is no comparison in terms of performance and reliabilty. Long travel on its own is in a different performance bracket all together. Well worth it if you want/need that level of performance.

Like with pretty much everything in motorsports performance rarely comes cheap and in particular everything in the high performance suspension world is always expensive :) on the bright side it's fairly easy to notice the differences in this regard and have a grin in you face from day one.
It seems you articulated on the comment I made?

Super expensive custom coil overs with a bracket lift is not worth the money ‘cuz if you’re going with a drop bracket lift you are not going long travel and your suspension travel up front is really no better than stock.

By the way, I dig your “mall crawler”, you’ve got that rig set up nicely. Still liking those 37’s?

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems you articulated on the comment I made?

Super expensive custom coil overs with a bracket lift is not worth the money ‘cuz if you’re going with a drop bracket lift you are not going long travel and your suspension travel up front is really no better than stock.

By the way, I dig your “mall crawler”, you’ve got that rig set up nicely. Still liking those 37’s?

I quoted your post so yes i articulated on the comment you made. However i thought we could engage in a nice conversation about the differences in settings if you wanted to do so.

Regarding your 2nd comment, The difference in travel between stock IFS and performance mid travel IFS is around 1". The difference how both options cycle up/down when pushed hard is why high performance shocks are more $$$$.
I can't tell you much about bracket lifts and what experience you'll be looking at.
Those who have done the conversion from their 6" lift with spacers to the BDS-Fox setup in the front can tell you better. I know we have a couple of people around who have done it with Fox recently,and and someboody else who did it with Kings though the last one sold the truck already and bought a Raptor.

3rd comment, yep no regrets so far she loves to play in the mall 315's or 37's :)
48261385111_0a2e1949c2_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

48156140556_e96b7e2a92_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

48027908038_78e6c446a0_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

48390014417_e2eac8159a_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

47825385532_172e1c0bd6_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

47825378342_d8ecb66d7c_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I quoted your post so yes i articulated on the comment you made. However i thought we could engage in a nice conversation about the differences in settings if you wanted to do so.

Regarding your 2nd comment, The difference in travel between stock IFS and performance mid travel IFS is around 1". The difference how both options cycle up/down when pushed hard is why high performance shocks are more $$$$.
I can't tell you much about bracket lifts and what experience you'll be looking at.
Those who have done the conversion from their 6" lift with spacers to the BDS-Fox setup in the front can tell you better. I know we have a couple of people around who have done it with Fox recently,and and someboody else who did it with Kings though the last one sold the truck already and bought a Raptor.

3rd comment, yep no regrets so far she loves to play in the mall 315's or 37's :)
48261385111_0a2e1949c2_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

48156140556_e96b7e2a92_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

48027908038_78e6c446a0_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

48390014417_e2eac8159a_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

47825385532_172e1c0bd6_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

47825378342_d8ecb66d7c_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr
Those pics make me want to head west, you guys have some great places to ride out there.

I have a bit of experience with a drop bracket lift (running one now) and what you might consider a mid travel ifs upgrade (ran SAWs on my Tacoma). With the bracket lift the travel is limited by the stock upper and lower control arms as well as the stock cv’s. I’m all for a good coilover, been contemplating adding some Kings or Icons to what I have now BUT..........since I have stock control arms and cv’s IMO it isn’t worth getting custom length full replacement coil overs to rid the 4” spacer I have up front. It would be sweet to have nothing but a full length custom CO and ditch that spacer but the added length of the coilover won’t net more usable travel so I’m not sure what value that would net. For the money, I’d just grab the Kings, Icons, or whatever flavor your prefer that are already available for the truck and toss them and call it a day.

I hope that makes sense........

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those pics make me want to head west, you guys have some great places to ride out there.

I have a bit of experience with a drop bracket lift (running one now) and what you might consider a mid travel ifs upgrade (ran SAWs on my Tacoma). With the bracket lift the travel is limited by the stock upper and lower control arms as well as the stock cv’s. I’m all for a good coilover, been contemplating adding some Kings or Icons to what I have now BUT..........since I have stock control arms and cv’s IMO it isn’t worth getting custom length full replacement coil overs to rid the 4” spacer I have up front. It would be sweet to have nothing but a full length custom CO and ditch that spacer but the added length of the coilover won’t net more usable travel so I’m not sure what value that would net. For the money, I’d just grab the Kings, Icons, or whatever flavor your prefer that are already available for the truck and toss them and call it a day.

I hope that makes sense........
Yep it makes sense.
I've done all kind of setups before with combinations of standard shocks and lift springs and small spacers (0.5" max)in the Toyota and Nissan applications. Best standard strut/ shocks i've tried were the OME shocks that are made by ARB in almost any combination of light to medium to heavy duty spring they offer, They can hold a beating for longer than anything else i've tested and they're not even monotube shocks but HD twin tube shocks. from there i also did Toytec regular struts and later their Boss lineup. i did 5100's in almost anything that i've lifted from the get go, I had pics with my 5100's shafts either broken or twisted like thin pasta because i thought they were stronger than factory Tokico or Monroe :) in this example the shaft was bent from nothing really heavy i did earlier that morning, later that day the shock collapsed, lucky me literally about to stop to air up so i went home in a tow truck. I had pics with the carnage and it happened 2 other times until i decided to change to race shocks.
14515846599_f27c9633a0_k.jpgCAM01228 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Radflo i remember was my first set, check out the differences in the shaft alone :)
15096057709_d3345f4f65_k.jpgCAM01349 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

From all different race setups i've tried best so far for a Taco has been Icon stage 5, Best so far in the RAM is King OE Peformance, and that's considering i can't get air cans front and rear in this application. Never done long travel but i've been in pre-running setups with friends so i understand they're 10x the fun, never a bracket lift the last doesn't attract me i'd guess in fears my COG will so high i'll flip my stuff over in no time.

My offroading groups involve either a bunch of crazy phuckers from Toyota camp flying down across desert washes in their Taco/4runners King/Icon/Fox/Radflo/Saw prepped rigs, or slow crawling with my old Jeep group in the desert or mountain, although i'm not doing rocks anymore since the RAM 1500 application is not exactly what i'll call rock friendly, but more moderated offroad trails that involve some rocky terrain here and there (you can't avoid that here in Socal unless you're only doing fire roads) and a nice scenery. The group always have Jeeps setup with the race chit so we can have some fun chasing down the leader in between offshots trust me the RAM can kick some butt even without air bumpstops and that's OE valving we're not even talking about custom valving yet :)

In any case enough of my bla bla bla i get carried away sometimes hahaha.

Last edited:

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep it makes sense.
I've done all kind of setups before with combinations of standard shocks and lift springs and small spacers (0.5" max)in the Toyota and Nissan applications. Best standard strut/ shocks i've tried were the OME shocks that are made by ARB in almost any combination of light to medium to heavy duty spring they offer, They can hold a beating for longer than anything else i tested and they're not even monotube shocks but HD twin tube shocks. from there i also did Toytec regular struts and later their Boss lineup. i did 5100's in almost anything that i lifted from the get go, I had pics with my 5100's shaft either broken ot twisited like thin pasta because i thought they were stronger than factory Tokico or Monroe :) in this example the shaf was bent from nothing really heavy i did earlier in the morning, later that day the shock collapsed, lucky me literally about to stop to air up so wnt home in a tow truck. I had pcis with the carnage and it happen other times until i decided to change to race shocks.
14515846599_f27c9633a0_k.jpgCAM01228 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Radflo i remeber was my first set, check out the differences in the shaft alone :)
15096057709_d3345f4f65_k.jpgCAM01349 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

From all different race setups i've tried best so far for a Taco has been Icon stage 5, Best so far in the RAM is King OE Peformance, and that's considering i can't get air cans front and rear in this application. Never done long travel but i've been in pre-running setups with friends so i understand they're 10x the fun, never a bracket lift the last doesn't attract me i'd guess in fears my COG will so high i'll flip my stuff over in no time.

My offroading groups involve either a bunch of crazy phuckers from Toyota camp flying down across desert washes in their Taco/4runners King/Icon/Fox/Radflo/Saw prepped rigs, or slow crawling with my old Jeep group in the desert or mountain, although i'm not doing rocks anymore since the RAM 1500 application is not exactly what i'll call rock friendly, but more moderated offroad trails that involve some rocky terrain here and there (you can't avoid that here in Socal unless you're only doing fire roads) and a nice scenery. The group always have Jeeps setup with the race chit so we can have some fun chasing down the leader in between offshots :) trust me the RAM can kick some butt even without air bumpstops and that's OE valving we're not even talking about custom valving yet :)

In any case enough of my bla bla bla i get carried away sometimes hahaha.
Good call on the Old Man Emu.......I ran a full OME setup on the taco and wheel’d the hell out of it before I moved up to the SAWs.......and back then IIRC, we had Donahoes before they became Icons! Group I ran with was SE TTORA and we did alot of cawl’n and trails, not much go fast places down here. Really stunk when they closed Tellico :(

So easy to get carried away and ramble .....

It seems we have a bit in common ;)

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, stock 20x9’s with no spacers. It’s close but she don’t rub. Any tire that specs out to 12.1” wide on a 9” rim will work...........just gotta check the manufacturer’s websites to see what specs they list.

And what @RLK said........you can get 3” rear springs with the 6” kit, 5” are optional.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Do you know if a 20x8 wheel with an 11" wide tire has the same luck? I really want to keep my OEM wheels and get a UCA/6112 combo going.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Do you know if a 20x8 wheel with an 11" wide tire has the same luck? I really want to keep my OEM wheels and get a UCA/6112 combo going.
I want to say 11” wide will fit any factory rim though I don’t remember the specs on the factory 20x8’s. I’m sure another member will chime in. I’ll see if I can find the specs

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn