Surface Scratches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hoff

Hoff

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate everybody's inputs/ideas. I had a buddy that I found out has recently started a detailing business. I took it over to him today to have a look. Even though he couldn't catch any of the scratches with a nail, simply using his compound type material didn't do much to it. So, he went ahead and wet sanded it, then buffed it back to life. Thing looks better than new!

Again, thanks for all the ideas, and I'm sure others that search the forum for this topic will get the results they're looking for...

Dr J Cumminz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L with Aisin
I use rupes course wool pad on a DA polisher with Meguiars D300 or M100 and it will come right out. Those are rubbing compounds that polish pretty good, but you can use a good sealant on afterwards.

beeblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wondering if those scratch wax from shopping network is working. Looks really believable..

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^ Haven't seen any of it but I would imagine all it does is fill the scratch and would wash off next time you washed the car/truck. Buffing scratches out is the best solution IMHO.
Jay

Scott Stevenson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use the Wizards Mystic Cut buffing compound with a microfiber towel and rub it hard with your finger tips going horizontal only. if it doesn't come out you may need to buff it out with a buffing machine. If you don't catch your finger nail in the scratch you don't need to sand it out. You need a good buffing compound.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963