Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbayjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hello I have a 2013 ram 1500 4x4 crewcab that’s lifted six inches with a rough country lift, zone upper control arms sitting on 37 cooper discovery stt pros. My current suspension is coil overs which I believe are stock besides the shock in the middle as they came with the lift kit and just plain springs in the back. I have a constant squeaking from the UCA’s that nothing has fixed but I have a good idea that I over tightened them. Instead of taking everything apart to torque them iv been thinking of re doing the suspension for a smoother ride and less noise as well as replacing the the lower control arms. I am posting asking for advice and options on what to go with and the pros and cons of each please.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Any idea what kind of bushings are in the ucas? It could just be that the bushings need to be lubed? Some come with zeros that can be greased. Others you can try to spray something in there but it’s a hit or miss as to the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How many miles on the truck and how many miles with the lift?

OP
OP
Kbayjoe

Kbayjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have about 56k on it if I had to guess it’s got 20k with the lift I don’t remember exactly when I installed it and I had a note of the mileage when I did but it’s gone now also here’s the spec sheet of the upper control arms I installed after the lift.

B5B378CA-0C41-4F59-85C1-E22B5920F068.png

OP
OP
Kbayjoe

Kbayjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Also looking into getting the bilsteins all around after reading all the comments about them just wondering were I could find a full set for the truck and if any one has any recommendations on what to set them at considering I’m already six inches up and any advice on install.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you sure it's the upper control arms? My zones have been rock solid, no squeaking in my front end.

Did you install them yourself? If so, did you load the suspension before you tightened the control arm bolts?

OP
OP
Kbayjoe

Kbayjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I hand tightened then lowered everything and tightened manually I think the problem is I didn’t torque as i didn’t look up the specs nor have a torque wrench

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Loosen up the UCAs, shake the front up and down couple of times and lube the bushings with a little silicone then torque them back to 120ft/lbs. see if that does the trick.

OP
OP
Kbayjoe

Kbayjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Going to be doing that here soon does any one have any thing to say about running bilsteins all around and any info on where I can find the complete front and rear set.

RyGo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you ever get the squeaking resolved?
I'm having the same issue... sounds like a metal on metal chirp.
I tried loosening the UCA bolts, white lithium sprayed, then re-torque but didn't make a difference for me

Scottsjeeprolet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Going to be doing that here soon does any one have any thing to say about running bilsteins all around and any info on where I can find the complete front and rear set.
Got mine on Ebay $350 shipped.

OP
OP
Kbayjoe

Kbayjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did you ever get the squeaking resolved?
I'm having the same issue... sounds like a metal on metal chirp.
I tried loosening the UCA bolts, white lithium sprayed, then re-torque but didn't make a difference for me

No I never found a way to resolve it I purchased a gsxr1000 so most of my time has been on that how ever I will be coming back around with a suspension upgrade soon so I’ll attempt to re address it.

OP
OP
Kbayjoe

Kbayjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just updating the post as i had totally forgetten about the fourm forgive me for that sin but iv figured out the root of all these lifts with the squeaks as far as rough country is concered as thats what i had my final conclusionadter tinkering for ever was the spacers they come with a thin rubber buffer i guess is what you would call it and it dawned on me duribg my 10000th look at the strut to see what could be causing the squeak that the rubber part was mushroomed out shortly after i switched to to new fox struts eliminated the spacers and its been nice and quiet ever since

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Just updating the post as i had totally forgetten about the fourm forgive me for that sin but iv figured out the root of all these lifts with the squeaks as far as rough country is concered as thats what i had my final conclusionadter tinkering for ever was the spacers they come with a thin rubber buffer i guess is what you would call it and it dawned on me duribg my 10000th look at the strut to see what could be causing the squeak that the rubber part was mushroomed out shortly after i switched to to new fox struts eliminated the spacers and its been nice and quiet ever since

Do you have any pictures?

OP
OP
Kbayjoe

Kbayjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I do not as i was in hawaii and the facilities the military had for this type of work were not good enough for me to take this on myself as i had with the original lift while i was in north carolina but i could see the actual rubber i guess like a damper type deal thats orignally on both sides of the spacer provided in the rough country lift was supper mushroomed out and it all made sense once they removed the rough country shock and spacer and had the foxs thrown in havent heard a squeak since. I suppose looking back i shouldve asked to see the old hard ware i was just super excicted to figure out if i was correct once it was complete and i was as the squeak was gone