Swap out center console for middle seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobby14411

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello all, I have recently ordered a truck from the dealership and when it came in I realized that either it was ordered wrong or I messed up on the order list(whoops). I need a 6 seater truck and the one I have coming in is a 5 seater with the center console in the front. It is a 2022 ram 1500 big horn crew cab with the night out trim(I ended up realizing when I clicked on that trim it switched it to the console). Is there any knowledge if this is something that is able to be swapped out and if it is where would I be able to find the parts needed to do so. I would also need some slight guidance if possible. I love the truck otherwise and would hate to have to wait another 4-6 months for another. Thank you in advance!!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello all, I have recently ordered a truck from the dealership and when it came in I realized that either it was ordered wrong or I messed up on the order list(whoops). I need a 6 seater truck and the one I have coming in is a 5 seater with the center console in the front. It is a 2022 ram 1500 big horn crew cab with the night out trim(I ended up realizing when I clicked on that trim it switched it to the console). Is there any knowledge if this is something that is able to be swapped out and if it is where would I be able to find the parts needed to do so. I would also need some slight guidance if possible. I love the truck otherwise and would hate to have to wait another 4-6 months for another. Thank you in advance!!
It's swappable but first I'd find out if it was your fault or the dealers...

OP
OP
B

bobby14411

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
As much as I don't wanna admit the rookie mistake, it was definitely my fault as I had it all set and change an exterior trim And didn't think it would automatically change any interior features. Dummy moment lol. Are these swappable with other years? Or do they need to be strictly the same year make and model. Thanks

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are easy to switch out and you will be able to fins a center seat on ebay for a couple hundred dollars. Good news is that your console is worth over $1000. Ive changed a few of them going both directions and its easy but lengthy. The hard part is finding all of the dash trim pieces to complete the job. Good luck

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
My suggestion, even though it can be done it is a lot of work. We are talking about a brand new truck, get the dealer to re-order. He will have no trouble selling this one. The Bench is a cheaper option, why pay over and above to get a less expensive truck and why go to all the trouble when they are building new ones every day.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
a lot of owners are looking for the Full Floor Console

which model ram do you have, is it a Classic (DS), or new body style (DT)
Built in Warren or Sterling Heights Michigan

Just a guess,

Bighorn 1500, new body style, (DT) Sterling Heights

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
They are easy to switch out and you will be able to fins a center seat on ebay for a couple hundred dollars. Good news is that your console is worth over $1000. Ive changed a few of them going both directions and its easy but lengthy. The hard part is finding all of the dash trim pieces to complete the job. Good luck
If you don't want to address it with the dealer you could probably find someone who will swap with you and give you money for the trade. If you have a classic, you can swap with any other 2018+ classic. If you swap with a 2013-2017 you will loose some funtionality with the built in USB hub as the older ones are not compatible with Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

If you can wait, I'd go for getting what you want since you are taking the time to order a truck to begin with (so long as there is not a financial impact at the dealer).

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New body style or classic? If its a classic and you have the grey seats, I would swap you. I live in PA.

maurizio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2021 5th generation with the 6 seats.
I can swap it with your center console if you are interested
Thank you

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963