swap tow mirrors for regular mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebigv21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased a new 2015 ram sport in dark ceramic blue. I wanted that color and the only one they could find was one with tow mirrors. I don't want the tow mirrors. I love the truck but want smaller mirrors. Wont fit in garage. Can I swap out for smaller mirrors or is it possible to make these tow mirrors power folding mirrors? I don't want to have to get out and fold the mirrors every time I pull in the garage. Any advice appreciated. Thank you for any help you can provide.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Both options are available to you. The cheaper option is to swap out the tow mirrors for a pair of sport mirrors. Swapping to power fold mirrors is the most expensive option.

Good luck!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you can switch to the smaller mirrors as long as you make sure they are for a 2013 or newer they will be a plug and play. You can also buy power folding mirrors in both styles. In order for the power fold option to work you will need to replace your drivers side window switch with one with the power fold option as well as both door control modules. After this you will need to take the truck to the dealer and have the sales code LER flashed to your truck in order for them to function.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I upgraded my sport mirrors to power heated/folding tow mirrors. It was almost $1K retail to do it but I got the upgrade for $0 from my understanding dealer.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can get new power folding heated tow mirrors with turn signals and puddle lights from 1a auto for like 430 bucks. No replacing factory switches or getting the truck flashed.

2015 Ram Truck Power Heated Puddle Light Signal Power - Folding Textured Upgrade Mirror Kit at 1A Auto.com

I wired my OEM power folding sport mirrors to two switches I installed in door panel and they work great. I did a write up on it. I prefer the sport mirrors but I didn't know that someone was making a aftermarket power fold mirror with a switch. Defenetly a cheaper and better option than replacing the mirrors, switch and modules plus a flash!

OP
OP
T

thebigv21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thank you justin. I am not very handy at installing things. This seems like a good option. Can anyone install these or do they have to be installed at a ram dealer? Probably a dumb question.. I am going to work on the dealer tomorrow to do a swap. I just bought the truck yesterday (saturday). If they don't work with me I will bring it back.. That should go over real well

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thank you justin. I am not very handy at installing things. This seems like a good option. Can anyone install these or do they have to be installed at a ram dealer? Probably a dumb question.. I am going to work on the dealer tomorrow to do a swap. I just bought the truck yesterday (saturday). If they don't work with me I will bring it back.. That should go over real well

Dealer doesn't have to do it but it depends on your mechanical ability. Doesn't look too bad, worst part is probably getting the switch installed. They come with a harness so it's probably just a connect this here, connect that there type of thing. As long as your factory ones are heated.

Don't take the truck back because of mirrors. If you or someone you know can install them for cheap, you can have less than 500 into a nice power folding set and make most of that back by selling your factory ones. Someone already called them actually lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01