Sway bar disconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stuffpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
How long does yours take to disconnect. Mine won’t disconnect until I’m moving and hit some uneven terrain. Same with reconnecting. If I just stay there in one spot it won’t disconnect or reconnect. Maybe it’s normal

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How long does yours take to disconnect. Mine won’t disconnect until I’m moving and hit some uneven terrain. Same with reconnecting. If I just stay there in one spot it won’t disconnect or reconnect. Maybe it’s normal
Normal. The way they have the lockers and sway bar setup is asinine.

Team Horner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Try turning your wheels right and left a few times while creeping forward or in reverse - it should relieve any torsion on the bar and allow it to disconnect. Mine will rarely disconnect otherwise.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
As stated above, must on be level ground to disconnect and reconnect, and of course in 4HI or 4LO.

OP
OP
S

Stuffpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Thank you guys! It works ok. Just need to know you need to hit the button before you get too close to the obstacle. Supposedly the bronco disco can be done while on uneven

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is normal operation for anything that involves splines matching up and pressure applied to them. The reason it will wait until you are moving is because it needs that slight movement or rocking of the suspension to relieve the pressure for the collars to disengage. Same thing with engaging.
Not sure what type of system the new Bronco uses that allows the swaybar to be disconnected when it has binding on it, but I have seen that shown in videos..