Sway Bar recommendations for a 5th Gen Ram 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damen411

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Does anyone have any good recommendations for sway bars, both front and rear, for a 4' lift? I know Hellwig makes them, but wanted to hear first hand from people who might have tried other brands and like them.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Does anyone have any good recommendations for sway bars, both front and rear, for a 4' lift? I know Hellwig makes them, but wanted to hear first hand from people who might have tried other brands and like them.
Hellwig for the rear hands down, The front is sufficient stock. Pair your front with suspension maxx and rear with core 4x4 links

OP
OP
Damen411

Damen411

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Hellwig for the rear hands down, The front is sufficient stock. Pair your front with suspension maxx and rear with core 4x4 links
Quick_Shifter, I have a question. I did see the front sway bar and that was almost twice as hefty as the rear. I'm assuming it's a 1.5' where the rear looks to be about 1.0'.

My question for you is I did purchase the Core 4x4 Racing (highest quality) upper and lower arms ( https://www.core4x4.com/product/ram-1500-2009-present-race-kit/#control-arms ) and the guys there told me to return them. They said to not even waste my time and money, installing these. I live in Oregon, the NW, and they said that I wouldn't want the hassle. I did listen to them as they are one of the highest rated offroad installers in Oregon, and have a Stellar reputation. I know it wouldn't do any harm, but I did buy them with the intention of installing them. They said because I have a brand new truck (2022 Ram 1500) that I shouldn't be hassling with upper and lower control arms. What are your thoughts? They're still fully wrapped, but it's going to cost a bit to ship them back

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Quick_Shifter, I have a question. I did see the front sway bar and that was almost twice as hefty as the rear. I'm assuming it's a 1.5' where the rear looks to be about 1.0'.

My question for you is I did purchase the Core 4x4 Racing (highest quality) upper and lower arms ( https://www.core4x4.com/product/ram-1500-2009-present-race-kit/#control-arms ) and the guys there told me to return them. They said to not even waste my time and money, installing these. I live in Oregon, the NW, and they said that I wouldn't want the hassle. I did listen to them as they are one of the highest rated offroad installers in Oregon, and have a Stellar reputation. I know it wouldn't do any harm, but I did buy them with the intention of installing them. They said because I have a brand new truck (2022 Ram 1500) that I shouldn't be hassling with upper and lower control arms. What are your thoughts? They're still fully wrapped, but it's going to cost a bit to ship them back
Soooooo if they are an offroad shop what do they install? Oem parts????

There are plenty of threads on here that explain the benefits of going with beefy control arms, I recommend reading through and educating yourself. (It seems you already have done a little)

What is the goal with your truck? Are you trying to improve handling?