Switch 3rd Gen Ram Torque converter to a 4th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

254Ram57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 05 Ram 5.7 has lost power and I was told that it was the torque converter. I have someone that will give me their 2012 converter but I don’t know if the 4th gen will fit in the 3rd.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
12 was a good year for the RFE trans.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My 05 Ram 5.7 has lost power and I was told that it was the torque converter. I have someone that will give me their 2012 converter but I don’t know if the 4th gen will fit in the 3rd.
Yes, it will fit just fine. I'm curious as to what diagnostics were done to determine that the torque converter had failed.

Is there a problem with the stator or impeller where it won't allow the correct stall speed?

What RPM can you achieve performing a brake stall? Trans in 1st, parking brake set and foot in the brake pedal...Gas pedal to the floor...What RPM?

Has the converter clutch failed where the engine starts and dies? Does the converter clutch not engage properly while driving?