Switch pod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This appears to be similar to the AEV switch pod, and if the shown price of over $500.00 is actually more expensive then the 4th gen electronics stuff. I'm not a big fan of having the switches mounted that high on the dash, but to each their won. This still gives another option for switches to use, thanks for the info.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I came across this on YouTube today. Thought you guys that may be looking for a way to mount multiple switches might find this useful. It is far less expensive then the 4thgenelectronics switch replacement.

https://www.cjcoffroad.com/CJC-OFFROAD-2013-Ram-Switch-Pros-Dash-Mount-p/cjc-spdm.htm
Eww man...there’s no way I could glance over at that thing every day and not cringe. It looks like they just melted a glob of plastic into place, and however it turned out is what it is.
Zj0yH43.jpg

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Personally, I think the switch mount is ugly. It looks like a black mushroom growing out of the dash.

I had the SP-9100 switch panel in my JK Wrangler. It is a really nice system. Yes, it is spendy but it was just a little more than the sPod that everyone and their mother ran in their Jeeps. It uses solid state MOSFETs instead of relays and you could control the outputs using Bluetooth.

I had waaaay to many LED lights on my Jeep. Its like an addiction LOL.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
$145 for just a mount? (it does not include the switches) And it looks like someone made it on a home 3d printer.... I'll pass

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is what I used....
2bbad01123e87733c81c66114fa2f9d2.jpg
Have room for one more switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That appears to be an "Edge" A pillar mount that has been modified for switches, not a bad idea. I have a S-Pod, pricey, but easy to hook up and works well.

Ram switches 002.JPG

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
For me I hope it's worth waiting to afford 4th gen electronics... they are not only factory integrated but AlphaOBD configurable.

That's just me

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love the original look of the 4th gen electronics and would have gone that route, but it wasn't available at the time I did my switches.

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Does anyone know if the switch layout is customizable? I would hate to lose the ability to add heated seats in order to use AUX switches. If I could add the heated seat and steering wheel buttons in the 3 blank spaces on the top this would be perfect for me.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone know if the switch layout is customizable? I would hate to lose the ability to add heated seats in order to use AUX switches. If I could add the heated seat and steering wheel buttons in the 3 blank spaces on the top this would be perfect for me.

No you cannot customize it.

However you can still add heated seats etc, they will just be controlled by your 8.4 uconnect radio.

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No you cannot customize it.

However you can still add heated seats etc, they will just be controlled by your 8.4 uconnect radio.

That is good to know. This is back on the table for me then.

I'm guessing if I get super fancy and put ventilated seats, they would function just the same?

Thank you.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine

What do you mean buy customizable??? Once hooked up ALPHAOBD can control all kinds of settings to the switches... whether always hot, on/off, or incremental as for a horn... and layout depends on what you hook up. But they come FIXED across the bottom row.

But it does say you DON'T LOSE heated seats, like @mtnrider said it's thru your Uconnect

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What do you mean buy customizable??? Once hooked up ALPHAOBD can control all kinds of settings to the switches... whether always hot, on/off, or incremental as for a horn... and layout depends on what you hook up. But they come FIXED across the bottom row.

But it does say you DON'T LOSE heated seats, like @mtnrider said it's thru your Uconnect

I think what he was asking was if he could physical swap out switches. Say remove 2 Aux switches and replace them with heated seat buttons, that type of thing.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That is good to know. This is back on the table for me then.

I'm guessing if I get super fancy and put ventilated seats, they would function just the same?

Thank you.

Yes, heated and ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, can be controlled from the Uconnect radio. If you get the aux switch option from the factory and have heated/cooled seats that is how you operate them (from the uconnect).