Switching Bighorn to Lone Star badge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone do this? Got a 2019 Bighorn but really like the style and look of the Lone Star badge. Same truck. Guess it’s the Texas influence on me from having lived there...

Easy to swap out the badge on the rear and on the glove compartment?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Anyone do this? Got a 2019 Bighorn but really like the style and look of the Lone Star badge. Same truck. Guess it’s the Texas influence on me from having lived there...

Easy to swap out the badge on the rear and on the glove compartment?

The tailgate badge is held on with 3m tape. I’m not 100% on the glovebox. Ask Benny @allmoparparts

The Blue Mule

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This could be viewed as “State Appropriation”[emoji57]

But yeah, you can get them on eBay, and they’re easy to take off

Remember Gonzales, remember the Alamo

5db25d356d7a3550383ca4caaa4e3eec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e-torque
Swapping out the Big Horn badge for a LongHorn badge just makes you a poser.
Like guys in a BMW 328i who put M badges on their cars, or guys with natural aspirated 4 bangers who put "Turbo" badges on.

OP
OP
condor767

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ummm...ok. Im not talking about a LONGHORN badge (I would never do that!) I’m talking about a LONESTAR badge. It’s the same exact truck as the Bighorn but marketed as a Lone Star just for Texas. Zero difference. I like the Texas flag.

Last edited:

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
On my window sticker, mine is labeled a Bighorn/Lonestar

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Like guys in a BMW 328i who put M badges on their cars, or guys with natural aspirated 4 bangers who put "Turbo" badges on.

Learn the difference Junior...Lone Star versus Longhorn.

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is also labeled as Big Horn / Lonestar. Fortunately it only came with 4X4 on the tailgate. I ordered the Lonestar blackout emblem and installed it and Texas Ranger badge on the glove box. Texas born and proud!

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Totally false. It’s the same exact truck just different badges. And like me he’s form Texas so what gives? If you don’t have useful info get outta here. Period.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Totally false. It’s the same exact truck just different badges. And like me he’s form Texas so what gives? If you don’t have useful info get outta here. Period.
You might want to check your facts, a BigHorn is not the exact same as the Longhorn.
The BigHorn is built off the SLT trim level truck the Longhorn is built off the Laramie trim level.
Your confusing the Longhorn with the LoneStar trim which is built off the SLT trim just like the BigHorn and Outdoorsman packages. Aside from special badging the LoneStar was only available for sale in Texas.
So who has the useful information?

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You might want to check your facts, a BigHorn is not the exact same as the Longhorn.
The BigHorn is built off the SLT trim level truck the Longhorn is built off the Laramie trim level.
Your confusing the Longhorn with the LoneStar trim which is built off the SLT trim just like the BigHorn and Outdoorsman packages. Aside from special badging the LoneStar was only available for sale in Texas.
So who has the useful information?
He already said lonestar you’re the one that confused longhorn for lonestar. It’s the same truck. I’m well aware I sold them for three years and my 2020 bighorn says bighorn/lonestar. This guy

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Dude you’re wrong again. Not to be a jerk I’m just trying to help the guy and you’re being a *******. The original guy asked to switch the “bighorn badge” for the lonestar badge. Which is the same truck. And you mistakenly wrote longhorn and then we’re rude about it. Obviously he meant lonestar. He said specifically he was from Texas. The point of this community is to help one another not call a guy a poser. So either play nice or shut the **** up and get off this forum. I know my facts. You were the wrong one. Be nice and treat people right or you will be reported. Stop acting tough and be helpful. We all are here to pass knowledge and help not belittle.
Really? I showed you a picture of your mistake and you don't believe it?

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Tomato/Pomodoro - same thing.
Lone Star/Big Horn - same thing just different badging.
Longhorn - a totally different animal than the Lone Star/Big Horn

Last edited: