Switching to a Chevy or Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WHY, lol, dat thing ugly and not gonna pick up hay or tow a trailer, lmao.

Just FTR: I am not brand loyal. I will either keep, or get what I want, depending upon reviews, performance, reports, price, MSRP. RAM in area advertising 20% off, but that just barely gets price to what it was before the shortages, so funny, since they jacked up the MSRP;s and all so much, not counting the market adjustment thang, wat a crock that is.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I just checked my nearby dealer. they have 2 1500 4x4 ccsb laramies. both have 5.7 etorque/start stop. one 68k and one for 70k. so I guess I am no longer a ram 1500 buyer because 1. the price is crazy high 2. not going to ever have start/stop motor or e-torque anything. when new truck time comes around I guess I will be looking at other brands or staying with HD unless ram screws them up too.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Didn't EPA force manufacturers to use stop start feature? Thought I read that.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't think it was forced thing, but it was to squeeze every drop of fuel economy they could. Like the stupid shutters that cause more problems than they solve.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didn't EPA force manufacturers to use stop start feature? Thought I read that.
Only thing I have seen lately is a push thru NHTSA to have every vehicle have back up camera and some even talking pedestrian warning BS.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just checked my nearby dealer. they have 2 1500 4x4 ccsb laramies. both have 5.7 etorque/start stop. one 68k and one for 70k. so I guess I am no longer a ram 1500 buyer because 1. the price is crazy high 2. not going to ever have start/stop motor or e-torque anything. when new truck time comes around I guess I will be looking at other brands or staying with HD unless ram screws them up too.
I was at local Chevy dealer in December looking at a Sierra 1500 with the 5.3. They would not come off the MSRP of 63K. The one thing it had going for it was the AFM/DFM system was not installed, and THAT is the only way I would even think of a 5.3 Eco Tec. I gave them the parameters I was willing to jump, as my RAM is 5 years old now and I tend to do new every 5 years, BUT they would not meet my terms, so the Red Beast is parked out front. (Not brand loyal, buy what I like/want). I was kinda looking at getting a 2500 and even the used ones are 75K, nah, not dis BOIRD.

ADDED: No E junkola for me, but that is IMHO. All need to read, be informed and judge for themselves. Would not get a 1st/2nd year Hurricane BS either, but then if I wanted an inline turbo 6, I would get a Cummins, LOL. again, just my very lowly humble opinion.

CAVEAT: I will not buy ne thing without LED lighting also. No Halogen BS for me.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Many years ago dad advised me never to buy the 1st model year of anything.
I expanded that to 1st 3 years.
Having been in new product development for decades, I can verify the validity of this.
Let the posers take all the risk and failures.

1st years of any new model are customer field tests. Well run companies do market seed tests for the 1st couple years to fix bugs before full, open market production. Not many of them anymore.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf