Synthetic Filter Options for RFE transmsions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
couldnt find it sprayed jasco spray, then found it, so we will see what jasco spray gets done and then perhaps citrus stripper, I think jasco is better.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
This was barely even trying, came off no problem 5 minutes bubbled up and released. This was spray jasco, for kicks and giggles I do a citrus strip and see if I get similar results. It was a great idea brian. This in an engine filter, so I wasnt trying to remove it all, lol. In case someone didnt pick it up what brian was talking about, remove the paint so you can have no worries on canister filter inside transmission.

53453857923_bb1019317b_c.jpg

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Jasco hands down winner, citrus didnt even get to metal like almost a hour in. In fact citrus is messy, dangerous to skin, non effective, and is great for paining furniture but not metal painted like this. Almost an hour in all it did was knock off the sheen, and then I had to remove it with soap and gloves, pita. Get jasco dont look back, 5 minutes it will be paint free. Only downside is fumes, whatever, smells like success. good idea @HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Jasco hands down winner, citrus didnt even get to metal like almost a hour in. In fact citrus is messy, dangerous to skin, non effective, and is great for paining furniture but not metal painted like this. Almost an hour in all it did was knock off the sheen, and then I had to remove it with soap and gloves, pita. Get jasco dont look back, 5 minutes it will be paint free. Only downside is fumes, whatever, smells like success. good idea @HEMIMANN

Once again, my genius boy came up with it. He's worked in various machine and repair shops, the lil ba$**** even knows more than me in a lot of areas. Now he's off making microscale battery machines with his big brother.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Btw, I've had my raw WIX synthetic oil filter in my tranny since this summer's oil change, and still shifting great.
Great ideas, you guys.
Ready to tow my new travel trailer this summer, god willing.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Where do you find Jasco at,i haven't really looked for it,but can you get it in hardware stores etc.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
In usa, everyone has it, most popular paint stripper out there. Anyone that sells this type of thing has jasco. I used the spray, foams a bit so it sticks all it needs to. Citrus remover sticks better but obviously not effective for this... says 15 minutes but works way faster then that.

00822890.jpg

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yeah, I brushed on cause it stinks.
Boy was spraying brake cleaner in the closed shop while I was working on my bike, ******* me off.
Had to yell at him to open the GD door, at the least.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
I have some Jasco semi-paste like Hemimann used on hand, and plan on doing a Wix 57055XP filter to install in my 545rfe later this year. Right now it still has the stock type spin on filter in there. Also, is OEM the best choice for the sump filter?

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I have some Jasco semi-paste like Hemimann used on hand, and plan on doing a Wix 57055XP filter to install in my 545rfe later this year. Right now it still has the stock type spin on filter in there. Also, is OEM the best choice for the sump filter?

I don't know, but it's what I used.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For the sump filter the Mopar one is the best we have found. It has Filtran media which, from what we can tell, the aftermarket ones do not.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Like corey said, two things about the mopar that little pink valve could be a pressure valve so fluid flows smoother, plus red synthetic filter media. It is expensive, but no known clone and I wont risk any filter on my sump then this filter. Canister filter is another matter.

61wTPvOBH-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The sump filter is the critical one, it's the first line of defense against contaminants getting into the transmission. Quality on this filter is crucial.

The return filter is mainly just a backup filter to further clense the fluid before returning to the pan.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
The sump filter is the critical one, it's the first line of defense against contaminants getting into the transmission. Quality on this filter is crucial.

The return filter is mainly just a backup filter to further clense the fluid before returning to the pan.
It's called the "control" filter and has finer filtration for the control valve body. it has to filter good enough not to plug orifices with clutch and gear shavings, as well as oxidation deposits.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
Like corey said, two things about the mopar that little pink valve could be a pressure valve so fluid flows smoother, plus red synthetic filter media. It is expensive, but no known clone and I wont risk any filter on my sump then this filter. Canister filter is another matter.

View attachment 535055
Thanks to you and Corey for the explanation of the quality difference of the OEM Mopar 5013470AE sump filter. I just ordered one from Amazon, the best price that I could find at $42 ($44.52 w/tax) shipped. Expensive for sure, but buying quality usually is.

Last edited:

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The filters listed in the 1st post are listed as oil filters. What exactly is the difference between them and the Mopar spin on filter? Are they really interchangeable or just something that works? On my previous truck, I used a plain old Wix filter kit.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
An oil filter is an oil filter, two considerations are bypass rating and paint. There is no reason to not have a bypass, which because fluid is so thin likely wont be in effect much if at all. Not having a bypass can cause issues, it possibly can create a vacuum. You speak of the wix kit, which is a paper canister filter and a sump filter that doesnt have oem pink vent hole. I think newer oems only have one pink/purple valve, prevents vacuum.

oem rfe filters have a valve on them..

45rfe-filter-jpg.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avurado